Get a life. Shlt happens and just because you were without BBM, email and some other apps needing BIS for 12 hours doesn't mean the world is going to end. Texting, making phone calls and browsing worked fine so I don't see what the problem is?

I have been a loyal BB user for 3 years and I honestly don't even care about the outage.
    I am so sick and tired of people saying "I am switching to android" "I am switching to the iphone". Go switch and stop bltching already. No one cares if you are switching or not.

Why does everyone expect %110 from a phone?

That is my venting rant.

Cheers!
    10-13-11 10:10 AM
    Get a life. Shlt happens and just because you were without BBM, email and some other apps needing BIS for 12 hours doesn't mean the world is going to end. Texting, making phone calls and browsing worked fine so I don't see what the problem is?

I have been a loyal BB user for 3 years and I honestly don't even care about the outage.
    I am so sick and tired of people saying "I am switching to android" "I am switching to the iphone". Go switch and stop bltching already. No one cares if you are switching or not.

One could argue that expecting your device or service to work as it was designed to, would constitute %100.
    10-13-11 10:15 AM
    I did contact my carrier, and I received credit on my bill due to the outage.

I expect to have service, since I am paying the same price for the data plan as are users of other devices. If I pay the same price, I expect the same service.
    avt123 likes this.
    10-13-11 10:19 AM
    One could argue that expecting your device or service to work as it was designed to, would constitute %100.
    That % is chimeric over such a network. Nevertheless RIM is 99,999 % up & running ...
    10-13-11 10:21 AM
    The majority of the world aren't tech savvy like u and me (just my guess but I'm pretty sure) so they would only blame the phone for the issue and not care to find out about what's causing the problem so the only solution in mind would be to throw it away and switch to a different platform. Its a normal thing and its a part of life. Just like expecting a person who has no clue about cars to know how to do an oil change.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by luqman24; 10-13-11 at 10:25 AM.
    10-13-11 10:22 AM
    Despite the fact I have defended RIM through out this fiasco I'm going to have to disagree with you, brava27.

People are entitled to complain, it would take an extremely laidback person to not complain about bad service like we have had this week. I felt as though my right arm had been cut off when my BBM and browser werent working...

...however what is annoying me is the number of people saying now that BlackBerry's are unreliable or that they're moving to an iPhone. Thats just plain fickle to me.

Systems stop working, its a fact of life. By all means complain about it, but theres no need to move to an inferior product because of it!
    10-13-11 10:22 AM
    The world moved on after Google's Gmail and app problems. It should do the same now.
    brava27 likes this.
    10-13-11 10:24 AM
    Its a paid product. People may complain because their hard-earned money goes into these people for a stable and good product. On the other hand you have Twitter and Facebook in where the owners may shut it down for a year and people don't have a right to complain because its free anyway. So do you see what I mean by why people can and should complain?

10-13-11 10:26 AM
    Despite the fact I have defended RIM through out this fiasco I'm going to have to disagree with you, brava27.

People are entitled to complain, it would take an extremely laidback person to not complain about bad service like we have had this week. I felt as though my right arm had been cut off when my BBM and browser werent working...

...however what is annoying me is the number of people saying now that BlackBerry's are unreliable or that they're moving to an iPhone. Thats just plain fickle to me.

Systems stop working, its a fact of life. By all means complain about it, but theres no need to move to an inferior product because of it!
    I agree with you. 3 days is a lot. I am just really annoyed by those "saying now that BlackBerry's are unreliable or that they're moving to an iPhone."
    Just irks me because it was ONE day and because of that, they have to change????
    10-13-11 10:27 AM
    Its a paid product. People may complain because their hard-earned money goes into these people for a stable and good product. On the other hand you have Twitter and Facebook in where the owners may shut it down for a year and people don't have a right to complain because its free anyway. So do you see what I mean by why people can and should complain?

Complaining is fine, but complain to the source, not to everyone and tell EVERYONE that they are moving on, finding a better phone etc... I am complaining in this thread. Problem is, complaining never got anyone anywhere. RIM is AWARE of this problem. So what good is it to complain? Just forget it and move on! Like me.
    Media Warrior likes this.
    10-13-11 10:30 AM
    I totally agree. Wow people reeally went over the top on this. Yes mobile comunications are essential these days. Yes it's important to have 100% up time. But jeez people, it's ALSO a phone. You can call someone. That still worked without a problem. Worse yet you could meet face to face. Arrgh. Not face to face. What happened is an inconvenience to be sure. Made infinitely worse by the Press piling on the 'misery'. This isn't the end of the world. Stuff breaks. Your car breaks. Even Mercedes and Rolls Royce. Your body breaks. Everyone's got to take a step back.
    My .02.
    Thud Hardsmack and brava27 like this.
    10-13-11 10:38 AM

Yeah it's a paid product but there are/were other options to get to your email....unless you are foolish enough to be running your business using just the *.blackberry.net email address and a BBM pin.

To me, Gmail going down is a greater problem than not being able to use one device that could access your Gmail.
    10-13-11 10:38 AM
    Yeah it's a paid product but there are/were other options to get to your email....unless you are foolish enough to be running your business using just the *.blackberry.net email address and a BBM pin.

To me, Gmail going down is a greater problem than not being able to use one device that could access your Gmail.
    True there was an app I used during the outage which mimicked BB BIS

10-13-11 10:46 AM

The difference there though, is that Gmail was down for approximately 100 minutes. And it's a free service.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-13-11 10:47 AM

That is my venting rant.

Cheers!
    I wholeheartly agree with your comments! Sure the outage was a PITA, but remember the iPhone attennagate that affected a whole device rollout. And don't forget Android's recent security issues, or the Windows phone tracking problem. With millions of people using smart phones I think we all can expect networkissues to crop up from time to time.

brava27 likes this.
    10-13-11 10:53 AM

Actually..wouldn't a BIS outage also affect web browsing?

Since you don't care about the outage..no one else should as well..gotcha.

I think most people who expect 110% out of their phone have already moved on to other platforms. I'd wager it's the people who don't expect much from their phones who haven't..
    10-13-11 10:56 AM
    It just bugs me that everyone has something negative to say about this whole situation. Not everything is PERFECT and yes we PAY money for services, but things happen and we just learn to adapt.
    10-13-11 10:57 AM
    The difference there though, is that Gmail was down for approximately 100 minutes. And it's a free service.
    Actually, the real difference is that with the Gmail outage you could not get your Gmail.

With this BlackBerry outage you could not get blackberry.net emails or BBM on your BlackBerry but you could still use other methods to get to your other emails.

Yes, Gmail is free but it costs you if you use a gmail account to run your business and the service is down.
    10-13-11 10:57 AM
    Cheers!
    The last time I checked, three days would constitute 72 hours - not 12.
    10-13-11 10:59 AM

I think most people who expect 110% out of their phone have already moved on to other platforms. I'd wager it's the people who don't expect much from their phones who haven't..
    ...or the people who care about security.
    10-13-11 10:59 AM
    I don't think it's unreasonable to expect your service to fail occasionally but it is perfectly reasonable to expect it to be restored QUICKLY. A lot of corporations, first responders and Gubment "workers" rely on their BB service and have every reason to complain.
    10-13-11 11:10 AM
    If a person lost quite a bit of money/business because of the outage then I think they have a reason to complain. For you it may not have been that big of a deal but for others it is a huge deal. Just because you don't feel the need to complain (which actually you are) doesn't mean everyone else has to keep quiet.
    moiselles likes this.
    10-13-11 11:24 AM
    If a person lost quite a bit of money/business because of the outage then I think they have a reason to complain. For you it may not have been that big of a deal but for others it is a huge deal. Just because you don't feel the need to complain (which actually you are) doesn't mean everyone else has to keep quiet.
    I totally agree with you! I use my BB for personal pleasure. I am sure there are others who depend on it for jobs and business and I feel for them. I think there should always be a back up plan, but RIM should have never had this happen. Bad news I guess.
    10-13-11 12:53 PM
    New to BB users have an excuse to get a little bent out of shape with this latest and greatest outage, they may not know the in's and out's of how BIS works. Most of the complaints should be coming from that crowd. Anyone who's been a user for a while and is threatening a platform change and whatnot is being rather petulant. Who calls for the closing or management change at a restaurant for one night of bad service if they've been going there for awhile? Likewise with cable providers and ISP's - most people put up with a few service problems before getting fed up.

Yes, this outage sucked. Complain to RIM by all means, but you'll probably be better served getting a credit or discount from your carrier. Demanding money from them usually speaks louder than giving them money for a new device.
    10-13-11 12:57 PM
    The way I see it is that RIM did the best they could to address the problem quickly. I think they responded well. Could have been more forthcoming with info, but they worked to restore service quickly.
    10-13-11 12:58 PM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD