I am Verizon so I have no point in doing this other then to help you guys out.

But I found a link to the PR people of AT&T. I was thinking we can all (even us on other networks) send them email protesting the late date of the new Bold

Anyways here is the link :Media Inquiries Contact Information | AT&T
    08-30-11 09:43 PM
    I do not think there is any need to protest release dates.

AT&T is offering the Torch2 for $49.99 now. That is an excellent price, and that device is as good as the 9900 in terms of specs. The only difference is the form-factor.
    Duvi likes this.
    08-30-11 09:51 PM
    I do not think there is any need to protest release dates.

AT&T is offering the Torch2 for $49.99 now. That is an excellent price, and that device is as good as the 9900 in terms of specs. The only difference is the form-factor.
    Agreed. I would love the 9900 on at&t, but the 9810 is definitely just as good in terms of specs.

Sent using my Photon 4G via Sprint
    08-30-11 11:36 PM
    I'm not sure about "protesting" but I definitely think we should send them emails. Show them that there is considerable interest.

And yes, it may be only form factor that's the difference, but that is what makes all the difference. If it didn't, the Pearl and Style would've have sold significantly better than they did.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-31-11 10:42 AM
    Whats with all this 9900 protesting/petitioning? No love for the 9860?!

AT&T has had Bold's and Curve's out the ying-yang. Bring on the full touch BB for once!
    08-31-11 01:08 PM
    apparently everybody is bombarding @ATTCustomerCare about when the 9900 is coming out and their standard response has been that they do not have any information in various forms.
    08-31-11 01:40 PM
    My 9930 on Sprint has been ordered

Sent using my Photon 4G via Sprint
    08-31-11 02:14 PM
    None of those email addresses seem applicable. If you're just emailing some random person at ATT, it won't do much.

I like the idea of hitting them on twitter @ATTCustomerCare.

Also, have you seen this petition on Crackberry:

http://crackberry.com/petition-dear-...-bold-9900-now
    08-31-11 02:31 PM
    to everyone who's writing a petition to AT&T... get in LINE.
    There are people with pitch forks screaming AT&T where's our 9780.. AT&T where's our 9780?
    08-31-11 02:32 PM
    Bombarded @ATTCustomerCare on Twitter, called local stores, called ATT's customer care/service hotlines...nothing. Face it, the company doesn't care that they don't have the Bold right now. They have exclusive rights to the Torch, that's what they want to push, and that is exactly what they're going to do for the forseeable future.

I switched to Verizon... better service in my area, full access to BB Bridge, no hang ups on product pushes (Torch) and they had the phone first.

ATT is losing customers here and they obviously don't care. If they had a strong case with the Torch2, I think we'd have seen them charging more than $49 for it...$99 at least but more like $149 or $199.
    08-31-11 02:38 PM
    I'm stuck with AT&T through my job or I would have switched carriers years ago. I miss Sprint and the days of actually having a signal and no dropped calls.

Also, since it's my work phone, I can't buy a 9900 on ebay like some people are doing. I have to get it from AT&T. So I hope they get their act together soon.
    08-31-11 02:45 PM

ATT is losing customers here and they obviously don't care. If they had a strong case with the Torch2, I think we'd have seen them charging more than $49 for it...$99 at least but more like $149 or $199.
    NOT enough for them to blink.
    Remember when Verizon released the iphone 4? and speculators predicted a massive exodus of AT&T subscribers to Verizon..
    Didn't happen.

So don't expect AT&T to GIVE us a bone any time soon.
    08-31-11 03:48 PM
    Oh AT&T just sent my brother a text giving him 1,000 free mins because he was a valued customer. The text 2 hours after the DOJ filed their lawsuit to stop the AT&T TMO merger which tells me that AT&T is going into panic mode, they will also be out $9 Billion in monies that they will have to pay TMO for the deal not going through.

I would say that the odds are they are going to want to bring everything they have out to keep customers from jumping ship... including brining out the 9900 as soon as they can.
    08-31-11 09:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD