something about this is very emotional and weird to me. It seems that people can fall in love with technology on a sentimental level.
    Think about it like this -- one of the most important things in every day life is your cell phone. People become accustomed to their device and get used to its fuctionalities and how it helps them daily to keep track of various things. As die hard supporters of the "cell phone" movement, its important to defend the manufacturer and company in which we all know we are going to go to when our 20 month upgrades come around. These are things that are going to be around forever, so its important to keep supporting what we are comfortable with.
    phonejunky likes this.
    04-16-12 12:26 PM
    Welcome back. As your brother will attest to, the iPhone has a loyal following. However, I've spoken to several people that switched to iPhone because it can do this or that and I asked them "which of those features do you use?". The majority of the people said, "well, I don't". I had one of them switch to BlackBerry for the first time and I have another thinking about switching to BB also for the first time.

I am going to guess you came back because of all the neat little time savers the physical keyboard offer and the fact that it is a pleasure to type on it (I wish more people would do it for the things you can't see about the BB that are so important to me: security infrastructure, truly global device - ALL OS7 BB's are world phones but I give up on people caring about this).

Anyway, thanks for the post. I also had a walk on the iPhone side and the droid side. The fact is both are nice devices but there is something very special about BlackBerry (especially after the OS7 devices came out.)
    Amen my good friend, amen. I guess since BB is the first smart phone I've had, I don't really wish to find a love for another platform when RIM keeps pushing out these great phones in my eyes. I put my feet in the water and decided it was too cold to jump in, so I had to come back to the world I know oh so well.
    04-16-12 12:29 PM
    Welcome back home.
    04-16-12 12:31 PM
    However, I've spoken to several people that switched to iPhone because it can do this or that and I asked them "which of those features do you use?". The majority of the people said, "well, I don't".
    LO freakin' L.
    iRy757 likes this.
    04-16-12 12:35 PM
    Thank you, thank you, thank you!! For all the continous "welcome home's" !! I greatly appreciate the love everyone!!
    04-16-12 12:39 PM
    My first smartphone was a BB as well...Curve 8900...man, i sure did like that phone. I wish I had more friends on BBM though. I feel as if I never truly got a chance to enjoy BBM because of this. Anyways, glad you are enjoying your return to BB yogi. I enjoyed the 9900 Bold as well but my needs changed so I went to an iPhone 4. CB has the best community, no doubt about that. That's why i still lurk .
    iRy757 likes this.
    04-16-12 02:02 PM
    My first smartphone was a BB as well...Curve 8900...man, i sure did like that phone. I wish I had more friends on BBM though. I feel as if I never truly got a chance to enjoy BBM because of this. Anyways, glad you are enjoying your return to BB yogi. I enjoyed the 9900 Bold as well but my needs changed so I went to an iPhone 4. CB has the best community, no doubt about that. That's why i still lurk .
    Gotta respect that, very true indeed. I'm sure when the BBX devices drop, you might have another change of heart.
    04-16-12 02:13 PM
    So I talked to my district manager today, and as ironic as it is, our regional manager reached out to him to let him know that our company is offering free 9930's to go on manager agent lines, that way we can start incorporating them when we are presented with the oppurtunity to set up business accounts. Also, another store in my disctrict is getting a display for the PB, and to house accessories for it and the 9930 and 9330 as well. I will post some pictures as soon as I can get over there to check it out.
    04-16-12 02:17 PM
    Unfortunetly, the masses will be appealed by anything with a major brand label on it or if someone with "status" is seen using one. I guarentee if BB added a front facing camera to their devices and were able to download Instagram and Angry Birds, the tables would drastically turn.
    Blackberry can still be that brand. There was a post last week about Kanye West buying Jay-Z and Beyonce the Porsche Blackberry.

On the Celebrity Apprentice, while the phone used for their commercial was the iPhone, Aubrey O'Day could be seen using her own phone and it was pretty clearly a Blackberry.

And they do have Angry Birds btw, lol, not that big a deal to me, but I do agree that if Blackberry were to add a few features people would start looking at them again. Also they need a new styling direction. No more of the same.
    04-16-12 02:30 PM
    Welcome back. I have the 9650 and really like it but would trade it to you if you are really want one instead of the 9930.
    04-16-12 03:31 PM
    Welcome back eh! 9900/9930 best bb hands down!
    04-16-12 04:32 PM
    Welcome back home yogii and enjoy your new BOLD.....
    04-16-12 09:24 PM
    Thanks all again and again! Got all my apps installed and settings just how I like em, and I uploaded the .267 OS on here instead of the one I had with the battery bug, and everything has been going great! Hands down the best blackberry experience I've had! I have no remorse getting rid of my apple i... Err whatever that thing is called.
    04-16-12 09:38 PM
    Welcome back! My 9900 is my bestie and confidante.

You will love yours like a part of your body my friend. Best phone ever!
    04-17-12 02:19 AM
    I know how that is. People talked me in to getting a Android phone and so I did. After a while I hated it so much that I couldn't stand it anymore. It's only a 9330 that I have now but it is better than the Android.
    mzceetee likes this.
    04-17-12 06:24 AM
    im with you yogi, i just sold my iphone 4 and got the 9850 , i feel relieved.
    04-17-12 07:48 AM
    BOLD 9900/9930 is a great phone. I love BlackBerry and what I can do with mine. I respect all other brands of phones but I preserve a nurturing care and honor towards my BOLD.
    Chrisy likes this.
    04-17-12 07:50 AM
    I think the optimists should change their avatar to something rimpire or BlackBerry related until BB10 drops!
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    04-17-12 08:45 AM
    I think the optimists should change their avatar to something rimpire or BlackBerry related until BB10 drops!
    If you want to keep your avatar, you can add this banner to your signature (provided you agree with !)
    edit : wait ... this was far too crappy ... getting a new one in minutes, stay tuned

see bellow #72
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 04-17-12 at 10:00 AM.
    04-17-12 09:17 AM
    What banner? Lemme see
    04-17-12 09:22 AM
    What banner? Lemme see
    A little less crappy ... but still a bit ... sorry not much time available

EDIT : whatafail ... no image in signature. Sry.
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 04-17-12 at 09:41 AM.
    Chrisy likes this.
    04-17-12 09:38 AM
    What banner? Lemme see
    ok a special CB profile pic then ... And some colored ones attached if you don't like to be like others
    Attached Thumbnails To all the RIM supporters and BlackBerry users..-rimpire-strikes-backb.png  
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 04-17-12 at 10:00 AM.
    Chrisy and wojtas25 like this.
    04-17-12 09:57 AM
    Oh I like those! Thanks!
    04-17-12 10:15 AM
    I can't click on those? How do I make it bigger to save and use?!
    04-17-12 10:28 AM
    This is great! I love hearing about everyone's return to their beloved BB's! And Chrisy that sounds like a great idea! Ill pull one of the avis superfly uploaded as soon as I get to my desktop!
    04-17-12 11:27 AM
80 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD