Lol too funny.
    BlackBerry would kill to have a guy with that kind of enthusiasm that could also lead the company. While Chen definitely seems like a smart business man, he's quite dull.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk
    05-07-14 10:01 PM
    I'll tell you what BlackBerry needs:

Sent from my Lumia 928 using Tapatalk
    All that Balmer...

Posted via z30 STA100-5 the only high end business device on the market
    05-07-14 11:56 PM
    They need to convince samsung to use bb10. Then samsung can market it for them.

I'd also like to have a bb10 phone on a Note 3 sized device

Posted via CB10
    As crazy as that concept is, it isn't out of reach. Samsung was the first to install BBM natively on android devices, they also were looking at building their own OS and breaking away from android. So you never know.

Posted via CB10
    05-08-14 12:11 AM
    Marketing is good and would boost sales.

But to make them successful, they would also have to:

• Build Premium Devices as well as entry level devices
    • Be competitive on pricing
    • Go to developers and pay them to build apps, or create an app division that builds official apps and supports them.
    • Go to carriers and big box retailers to train salespeople and to get them excited about the "new" BlackBerry. Give out free devices to these front line people.
    • Go to Amazon and incorporate Amazon content - Music, Books, Movies, TV Shows, into BlackBerry World. Their current "partner" for Movies is terrible, Music I haven't even tried and other than the half of BlackBerry World that is Book Apps, there isn't a legitimate Book Store in App World.

Then marketing and advertising would work.

But BlackBerry has only about $1.5 Billion after they pay off their loan. And that is pretty much earmarked for extending operations for as long as possible in the hopes that "something" clicks and starts to bring in revenues. Might as well dream about what if BB10 was release four or five years ago.....
    In other words, in your mind, they would need to stop doing everything they currently are doing and do what you know how to do.......why did they get Chen?

Posted via CB10
    05-08-14 12:17 AM
    I still don't get, to this day, why they dropped RIM? Research in Motion sounds like something moving forward. Blackberry is obviously the original name that was picked. Unfortunately the name Blackberry is a bit tarnished but I see statement above including names like RIM Z10 etc.. that sounds really cool IMO

Posted via CB10
    05-08-14 12:21 AM
    Rebranding doesn't just mean a company going by a new name. Rebranding is shedding a company's old image and repositioning the company. When you say that BB needs to show people that they are back in the game, that's rebranding. They need to show people that BB10 isn't the BB experience that they remember. Gone are the days of spinning clocks and battery pulls. They need to show people all the functionality they've given to the old unified inbox concept.
    They sort of tried, but no one was willing to listen. Too bad for them. I was willing to listen, willing to try BB10, willing to give it a year and loving the latest version and the z30. Very glad I did, but even I can read my own writing.....lots to ask right?.....but now it's time. It's time for BlackBerry to convince some people that BB10 is worth a shot.

Posted via CB10
    05-08-14 12:22 AM
    Microsoft already has a huge marketing budget and shown that marketing has almost no impact on improving sales. Certainly nowhere close to iOS levels.

"Marketing" is merely a popular scapegoat on Crackberry to dismiss product shortcomings. There have been numerous properly marketed products over the years that fail. Certainly it is difficult to claim Mac OS X isn't properly marketed in 2014 and Apple never made significant inroads. BB10 (as well as Windows Phone) is like Mac OS X but in an even worse position.
    Microsoft needs to advertise because Windows 8 is their worst work to date. And the constant windows updates are a pain in the ***. It's just crazy.

Posted via CB10
    05-08-14 12:25 AM
    BlackBerry would kill to have a guy with that kind of enthusiasm that could also lead the company. While Chen definitely seems like a smart business man, he's quite dull.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk
    Ya considering Microsoft iced him.....

Posted via CB10
    05-08-14 12:28 AM
    the toughest part for iPhone people to get are usually silly things like iMessage and Facetime. They need to switch to a new service. Apple is a pain because they market things so well that video chat is not called video chat anymore.. any sort of video conferencing has been automatically labeled by most people to "Facetime." Grrrr Arrrgh! No! Everything isn't Facetime!

Both have their fair share of apps but Android users like to customize or they have become accustomed to the UI of their device. Blackberry doesn't have the majority of apps and android devs don't publish on Blackberry world..

Why you ask?? We don't know... well I don't atleast.. anyone? **crickets**

I love my Q10. Typed on my Amazing Q10. Amazing one more time!

Posted via CB10
    05-08-14 01:12 AM

Posted via CB10
    What?

05-08-14 05:34 AM
    Maybe if they have it over the course of the few years ... first year to spend on getting the native apps built; second year to market the hell out of the brand having said apps; and then third year to continue on the momentum.
    05-08-14 06:10 AM

Posted via CB10
    What are you speaking of?
    ajst222 likes this.
    05-08-14 06:11 AM
    As crazy as that concept is, it isn't out of reach. Samsung was the first to install BBM natively on android devices, they also were looking at building their own OS and breaking away from android. So you never know.

Posted via CB10
    Where did you get the information that Samsung makes millions on android is looking to break away? Assuming you are referring to Tizen to date it has only been used for one of their smart watches which has not been a very successful product line.
    05-08-14 06:34 AM
    OP, your wish is granted. Here you go

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=929717

LOL

Z10, STL100-1, 10.2.1.2141
    05-08-14 06:45 AM
    i do not think so...budget is not all. example: thinking about buying a oppo bdp, a player for cd, dvd and so on. oppo offers an remote app. for the model i like not available for bb10. it is not a big deal...but a deal.
    05-08-14 06:51 AM
    They sort of tried, but no one was willing to listen. Too bad for them. I was willing to listen, willing to try BB10, willing to give it a year and loving the latest version and the z30. Very glad I did, but even I can read my own writing.....lots to ask right?.....but now it's time. It's time for BlackBerry to convince some people that BB10 is worth a shot.

Posted via CB10
    I don't think they did enough with their mainstream advertising to convey these messages, though. They showed parts of the gesture based OS and while it should have been apparent that this was a completely new OS, I didn't see anything that would really drive that home to the casual observer. There was nothing that said that they didn't just slap a new UI over an old OS. The casual observer watching the commericals could have though "Well, that looks cool, but how many times will I see that spinning clock when performing those gestures? How many times a week will I have to pull the battery?"

When I got my first Z10 and showed my best friend, he was pretty impressed. I had been telling him about the new BB10 devices prior to their release and he dismissed my musings until I actually showed him the Z10.
    05-08-14 11:09 AM
    This is what they need http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=928493

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    05-08-14 11:24 AM
    What?
    What are you speaking of?
    Playbook007 seems to be under the impression that Ballmer was let go, rather than retiring a little earlier than he had initially planned.
    05-08-14 01:05 PM
43 12