John Chen states in this interview that all future BlackBerry devices will have a physical keyboard. He says it around the 0:50 to 1:00 mark:

CEO lays out Blackberry's future - CNN Video

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Mike88888; 03-05-15 at 12:12 PM.
    rai187, JeepBB and jdesignz like this.
    03-05-15 11:42 AM
    $%$#% Chen. I hope he just misspoke. A full touch upgrade would sell more than the Passport and IF the Passport is profitable in current sales than another full touch model would too.
    03-05-15 11:50 AM
    If that's the case, than BlackBerry will lose me as a customer.

Posted via CB10
    03-05-15 11:52 AM
    That's just crap. Sorry.

Posted via CB10
    BB_Junky and Rjinswand like this.
    03-05-15 11:56 AM
    +1

Posted via CB10
    03-05-15 11:57 AM
    Where is the keyboard hidden on the Leap?
    03-05-15 12:00 PM
    To quote directly from the video: "all the new phones that's going to come out for the balance of the year will have qwerty keyboards."

False alarm, everyone.
    03-05-15 12:03 PM
    This doesn't invalidate sliders...

Posted via CB10
    03-05-15 12:06 PM
    He only stated that devices released in this year will have keyboard
    He also stated that the all touch was for the entry level enterprise segment.

So nothing about abandoning all touch devices.

Posted via CB10
    anischab and menshawy like this.
    03-05-15 12:08 PM
    John Chen states in this interview that all future BlackBerry devices will have a physical keyboard. He says it around the 1:00 to 1:25 mark:

CEO lays out Blackberry's future - CNN Video

Posted via CB10
    "all the phones that are going to come out BALANCE OF THE YEAR" will have qwerty keyboards. There is a HUGE difference between ALL FUTURE phones and ALL FUTURE PHONES in 2015.

edit: by the time i posted this, the guys above took care of the issue
    diegonei and wincyUt like this.
    03-05-15 12:09 PM
    To quote directly from the video: "all the new phones that's going to come out for the balance of the year will have qwerty keyboards."
    Forums interpretation: Virtual keyboard smartphone may come out as early as January.
    03-05-15 12:09 PM
    If I have to wait another year to get an all touch phone, then I might as well just get a Z30. Maybe not the most up to date but still similar or better specs than the "Leap" and nicer looking. Unless, they sell me on that slider. In which case I will probably never use the physical keyboard. You're killing me John Chen! You're really killing me here!

Posted via CB10
    heepman, pttptppt and Sulaco757 like this.
    03-05-15 12:11 PM
    Sorry guys I thought he said for the balance of the years... My mistake.

Posted via CB10
    03-05-15 12:13 PM
    A great upgrade jump of the internals for an all-touch device, and BB would be in better standings. They can't keep putting out phones with the same (lame) processor speed and mediocre screen resolution and expect people to go ga-ga over them. I'm a pretty serious fan, but even I'm getting disgruntled.
    WWBlondieDo likes this.
    03-05-15 12:18 PM
    im happy with that had the touch screen and I don't think its the best thing at all, give me a physical keyboard any day
    03-05-15 12:37 PM
    You can use the slider exactly like a full-touch device. If you don't like the PKB then don't use it. One person said on another thread, "superglue the pkb shut if you hate it that much."

Posted via BlackBerry Classic
    03-05-15 12:48 PM
    You can use the slider exactly like a full-touch device. If you don't like the PKB then don't use it. One person said on another thread, "superglue the pkb shut if you hate it that much."
    Yeah, but these full touch users will be constantly wondering if the PKB is taking up space for what could have been a larger battery or maybe a slimmer profile.
    03-05-15 12:53 PM
    To be honest, I am quite satisfied with my Z-30...to me the most underrated device on the market. 2 full days on the battery (since 10.3), best speakers by a Loooong Shot. Great Antenna...good screen size - not into phablets whatsoever, reminds me of the early 70's with goophs walking around with a 30lb Boom box on their shoulder..This unit performs exceptionally well. Would like to grab a classic one day...but I must say for my first all touch, this things a beast..!!

If anything: I would like to see a well put together, concerted effort marketing/advertising wise...most people have no clue that BlackBerry is in business.
    03-05-15 01:09 PM

The problem is a slider tends to be bulky and heavier.

Posted via CB10
    lift and eyesopen1111 like this.
    03-05-15 01:16 PM
    To be honest, I am quite satisfied with my Z-30...to me the most underrated device on the market. 2 full days on the battery (since 10.3), best speakers by a Loooong Shot. Great Antenna...good screen size - not into phablets whatsoever, reminds me of the early 70's with goophs walking around with a 30lb Boom box on their shoulder..This unit performs exceptionally well. Would like to grab a classic one day...but I must say for my first all touch, this things a beast..!!

If anything: I would like to see a well put together, concerted effort marketing/advertising wise...most people have no clue that BlackBerry is in business.
    I am seriously considering purchasing a Z30 until a high end all touch comes out next year. For the price, it's a better phone than the Leap!

Posted via CB10
    03-05-15 01:23 PM
    FYI: Z30 is EOL. Leap is the "successor".

Posted via CB10
    03-05-15 03:09 PM

Supergluing the pkb shut does not make it go away in any physical way. You still carry the volume and the weight of the pkb for the lifetime of your use of the device. Would make a cool hardware hack project to physically remove the pkb off the slider for people who absolutely hate it.
    FF22 and MarsupilamiX like this.
    03-05-15 03:29 PM
    FYI: Z30 is EOL. Leap is the "successor".

Posted via CB10
    Say that ain't true. Usually successor tech product is "more powerful" than its predecessor. But I suppose BlackBerry simply goes "against the grain", now that is some "forward" thinking.
    kbz1960 and MarsupilamiX like this.
    03-05-15 03:32 PM
    so glad I got a Passport.
    03-05-15 03:39 PM
    i am fully satisfied with the slider it is the device i wish i could have waited for but my wife will be number 1 in line for this item.
    03-05-15 04:11 PM
115 123 ...