Brain density is also relevant!

Posted via CB10
    05-15-13 12:56 PM
    Brain density is also relevant!

Posted via CB10
    Some are denser than others, as is often noticeable once scholarships are awarded. Companies participating in the award of scholarships such as the Alicia Keys scholarship should be aware of this fact when making selections.
    05-15-13 01:35 PM
    This, and scholarships like it, are necessary to get things to an equal footing. Once there, then there is no longer a need for scholarships that highlight specific genders or racial groups. Once there is equality, by definition, you should not push any one group over another. Historically (and people can argue if they like), white males were the ones with rights, the ones with jobs, the ones with opportunities. Look how long it took for people of color to even get equal rights from the government, let alone actual follow through on those ideas. Look how long it took women to get the right to vote, and women STILL get paid (average) significantly less than a man for doing the same job. The more women, the more people of color, that obtain these positions, or positions of authority within companies and the government, the more this is likely to be evened out.
    Dave Bourque, iToya and Masahiro like this.
    05-16-13 06:30 AM
    This, and scholarships like it, are necessary to get things to an equal footing. Once there, then there is no longer a need for scholarships that highlight specific genders or racial groups. Once there is equality, by definition, you should not push any one group over another. Historically (and people can argue if they like), white males were the ones with rights, the ones with jobs, the ones with opportunities. Look how long it took for people of color to even get equal rights from the government, let alone actual follow through on those ideas. Look how long it took women to get the right to vote, and women STILL get paid (average) significantly less than a man for doing the same job. The more women, the more people of color, that obtain these positions, or positions of authority within companies and the government, the more this is likely to be evened out.
    PRECISELY my points.

THAT is the reason there is a need for these scholarships. To achieve parity, which is not there yet. Not because there isn't an aptitude, but because opportunities are much lesser for minorities and because there definitely is a glass ceiling.
    Masahiro and Sith_Apprentice like this.
    05-16-13 11:57 AM
    PRECISELY my points.

THAT is the reason there is a need for these scholarships. To achieve parity, which is not there yet. Not because there isn't an aptitude, but because opportunities are much lesser for minorities and because there definitely is a glass ceiling.
    Exactly. Otherwise, why not just make a donation and improve the schooling for all students evenly?

Posted via CB10
    Sith_Apprentice likes this.
    05-16-13 12:11 PM
    Exactly. Otherwise, why not just make a donation and improve the schooling for all students evenly?

Posted via CB10
    All scholarships that I've ever seen target a specific group. I have yet to see one that is a free grab.

I agree about donating to schools....there are some inner city schools that are straight out of a war zone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    Sith_Apprentice likes this.
    05-16-13 12:15 PM
31 12