It's business guys. If any of you were offered a better job, better pay, would you turn the offer down? Good luck for him.
    Superfly_FR and JeepBB like this.
    02-06-14 09:20 AM
    It's business guys. If any of you were offered a better job, better pay, would you turn the offer down? Good luck for him.
    We have no idea if it's a better job with better pay. Being a startup, I highly doubt the pay part. What this is, is an opportunity to be a part of a ground level company. It's the potential that would draw someone in, not the immediate rewards

Posted via CB10
    Toodeurep and alexkinsella like this.
    02-06-14 09:31 AM
    We have no idea if it's a better job with better pay. Being a startup, I highly doubt the pay part. What this is, is an opportunity to be a part of a ground level company. It's the potential that would draw someone in, not the immediate rewards
    Again, as with all the other POVs, all speculation. Fact is Alex is where he is for whatever reason(s) that are good enough for him and we should just leave it at that. I am not understanding the need to try to figure out why he left BlackBerry.
    Superfly_FR and ray689 like this.
    02-06-14 10:17 AM

Posted via CB10
    Exactly, there is an amazing amount of potential in the beginning. Example, Bill Gates a former CEO of Microsoft has $67billion while the current CEO has just a few million (maybe 10s of millions).
    02-06-14 10:20 AM
    It really is not a good sign that these people are leaving BlackBerry.
    It happens in tech. People come, people go. People want to try new things, get different hours, different perks etc. It's not really new. I know people at BlackBerry that worked for Apple and Microsoft and people who used to work for BlackBerry that now work for Apple and Samsung etc.
    ray689 likes this.
    02-06-14 10:22 AM
    We have no idea if it's a better job with better pay. Being a startup, I highly doubt the pay part.
    In my experience, startups often pay a lot better than established companies. Often this is necessary to get people to take the risk. I certainly remember a bunch of people in my old company jumping ship for startups and the allure of more money ... but then they didn't get paycheques when the funding fell through or ran out. And back they came.
    02-06-14 10:23 AM
    I was just questioning his loyalty to BlackBerry which he has none.
    He told you this, did he? Come on ... have you ever left a job or company to try a new job or company? Most people have ...
    jstirtzinger likes this.
    02-06-14 01:33 PM
    Weird, im on his BBM channel and hes still posting blackberry related things.
    I think BlackBerry still has this special place in his heart, he is still rooting for them as he blogs about them on Channels and re-tweets BlackBerry related tweets

Posted via CB10
    ray689 likes this.
    02-06-14 02:21 PM
    I have to question Alex's loyalty

Posted via CB10
    Are you serious? Loyalty to a company that is fires 4500 people a year? Today, the only loyalty is to oneself and family.

Do you think Chen would be loyal to BB if they took his Jet from him? I think not.
    JeepBB likes this.
    02-06-14 02:34 PM
    Are you serious? Loyalty to a company that is fires 4500 people a year? Today, the only loyalty is to oneself and family.
    You hit the nail on the head there chap. What's really wrong with the world today is that companies are all too ready to fire people. It's this fear of unemployment that allows them to take advantage of their employees. The day people realise that the only loyalty they should have is to themselves and their families, then companies might start treating employees better.

As for Alex, he was one of the better folks at BlackBerry and I wish him all the best in his new career.
    milo53 and JeepBB like this.
    02-06-14 03:10 PM
    No wonder he looked less than enthused at CES
    02-06-14 05:11 PM
    Alex had an incredible opportunity with a startup in Waterloo. No bad blood. Alex is family and will always be.

Posted via CB10
    Companies don't have family but they often create orphans.

Posted via the BlackBerry Q5 using CB10.
    milo53 and JeepBB like this.
    02-06-14 05:46 PM
    Guys, he's got more important things to worry about, like........TACOS. Mmmmmmm tacos

Via CB10 Rogers Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.1925/1926 Radio
    alexkinsella likes this.
    02-06-14 06:30 PM
    Good lord people, he just took what he felt was a better job opportunity! He still uses a BlackBerry, he still works for a BB development company also, and he still tweets BlackBerry stuff. He must be on good terms! He worked for BB for many years, his loyalty is unquestionable!
    02-06-14 09:42 PM
    Never really liked him, him and his gluten free food. He's not a bad person though.
    02-06-14 11:51 PM
    To be honest, is it really our place to question a person's decision? For whatever reason Alex decided to move on, I wish him well. If he sees his skills better used at this pretty amazing startup company then who are we to judge or question. And like many people have said, Alex still uses his Z30 and still tweets about BlackBerry stuff.

All the best, Alex.
    02-07-14 06:35 AM
    Alex was a nice guy... but I'm sorry, not going to sugar coat it... he was part of BlackBerry's PR department and that department SUCKED.
    I can appreciate the frustration, but again - empty comments. It's easy to say "the PR team sucks", but what exactly would you do to make it better that they aren't doing now? What would you change about what they've tried in the past vs. the future?

It's easy to say "they suck" without knowing the extent of the world they live in. It's another to lead to PR greatness ...
    02-07-14 09:02 AM
    He may be gone, but he has not forgotten.

"@alexkinsella: Going to be downloading this on Feb 11 - #Tilt for @BlackBerry 10: https://t.co/Wti6x0j2Jo @ReFocus_Labs"

Posted via CB10
    02-07-14 10:21 AM
    LOL...not sure if people have noticed but Alex has been on this thread and has "liked" certain posts...perhaps it's a clue?? <insert dripping sarcasm> Ok can this silly thread end now?
    alexkinsella and Superfly_FR like this.
    02-07-14 03:10 PM
    Alex we hate you! We love you! Goodbye sweet chariot goodbye.

Posted via CB10
    02-07-14 06:25 PM
70 123