So saw this in an article, and the article doesn't matter...but when did Alex Kinsella leave BlackBerry? Am I the first to hear about this? I follow CrackBerry and never saw anything about this before...he left for the start-up company Thalmic Labs and the article was about the Myo Developer program which is the article I found out that he left BlackBerry.

Maybe if he left on good terms he could work closely with BlackBerry to integrate this new project into BB10
    02-05-14 04:44 PM
    Link?

Posted via CB10
    02-05-14 04:49 PM
    Link?

Posted via CB10
    His twitter feed and profile confirms a new gig too.

Posted via CB10
    02-05-14 04:52 PM
    His twitter feed and profile confirms a new gig too. Product manager at Thalmic?

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    02-05-14 04:53 PM
    It appear he left last month. You can check his linkedin profile for more info but It appears he is threw with all BB roles at this point

http://www.linkedin.com/in/alexkinsella
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    02-05-14 04:53 PM
    Link?

Posted via CB10
    Look at his twitter account
    02-05-14 04:54 PM
    He was still retweeiting BlackBerry info today so it must have been on good terms.

Posted via CB10
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    02-05-14 04:55 PM
    Thanks for the notice. Unfollowed on Twitter. He usually didn't have anything interesting on his feed anyways.
    thanasi and Akuji_ism like this.
    02-05-14 04:56 PM
    is it bad that i don't even know who that is.
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    02-05-14 05:00 PM
    02-05-14 05:00 PM
    Thanks, was just going to post that article as many people don't believe it...very surprised
    02-05-14 05:24 PM
    Woah.. didn't really expect this

Posted via CB10
    02-05-14 05:30 PM
    I get the feeling that everyone responsible for or happy with os 10 is getting the boot or doesn't like what they have seen internally in terms of BlackBerry 's new direction / identity.

Posted via CB10
    02-05-14 05:34 PM
    I get the feeling that everyone responsible for or happy with os 10 is getting the boot or doesn't like what they have seen internally in terms of BlackBerry 's new direction / identity.

Posted via CB10
    It really is not a good sign that these people are leaving BlackBerry. I wonder if it is under their own choice or if they are being kind of "pushed" out the door by the new management...as much as it sucks I hope the management is pushing them out, because at least that would mean these employees aren't choosing to leave. If they are choosing to leave then it means they don't want to work for BB anymore, probably because of the direction or management involved, which isn't good to see...
    Supa_Fly1, milo53 and kbz1960 like this.
    02-05-14 06:06 PM
    It really is not a good sign that these people are leaving BlackBerry. I wonder if it is under their own choice or if they are being kind of "pushed" out the door by the new management...as much as it sucks I hope the management is pushing them out, because at least that would mean these employees aren't choosing to leave. If they are choosing to leave then it means they don't want to work for BB anymore, probably because of the direction or management involved, which isn't good to see...
    Or ya know, a more simple thing.......... more $$$$. lol
    02-05-14 06:17 PM
    Or ya know, a more simple thing.......... more $$$$. lol
    It takes a lot more money to get someone to leave a job they love.

Posted via CB10
    02-05-14 06:26 PM
    Alex had an incredible opportunity with a startup in Waterloo. No bad blood. Alex is family and will always be.

Posted via CB10
    02-05-14 06:37 PM
    Okay! What is the big deal?
    02-05-14 06:51 PM
    Alex was a nice guy... but I'm sorry, not going to sugar coat it... he was part of BlackBerry's PR department and that department SUCKED.
    02-05-14 07:36 PM
    What is pr

Posted via CB10
    02-05-14 07:54 PM
    What is pr

Posted via CB10
    Public Relations
    The team that manages the public making of information from the company to the customers and investors. They usually send out the press releases

Posted via CB10
    02-05-14 07:59 PM
    CEO changes almost always signal high level departures at whatever firm it happens at. As the poster I quoted said earlier, maybe he is unhappy with John Chen's strategic direction. It is also possible he thought he should have gotten the job, or maybe John Chen fired him respectfully and let him declare his own departure. Regardless, this is par for the course with any high level management change. One way to look at it is that everyone currently at the company contributed to the current state at BlackBerry - they have already proven they are unable to do the job, despite how well respected they might have been in their roles. You never want a person who can polarize the workforce into factions lying around, and AK had a lot of respect at BlackBerry. Just my 2-cents of course.
    jojo beaconsfield likes this.
    02-05-14 08:17 PM
    Yes - this.
    02-05-14 08:19 PM
    Alex was a nice guy... but I'm sorry, not going to sugar coat it... he was part of BlackBerry's PR department and that department SUCKED.
    Yes, I have to agree. I liked the guy but in the end, he was ineffective. Sometimes, you just have to admit, he might not have been the right person for the job.

Posted via CB10
    fanatical and Akuji_ism like this.
    02-05-14 08:38 PM
    It takes a lot more money to get someone to leave a job they love.

Posted via CB10
    yes but sometimes sense of security are much important....

12 BB india executive left Blackberry and joining samsung, apple, micromax in the past 3 months...they even agree to take a pay cut. it is because BB marketshare in india down from 6% to 0.6%

in this situation they prefer job security than larger salary

Top executives abandon troubled BlackBerry to join rivals like Apple, Samsung and Micromax - Economic Times
    kbz1960 and milo53 like this.
    02-05-14 08:52 PM
70 123