I'm not sure there is a fix for this, but it sure would be nice.

While I'm in application and another type message or anything else comes in that is set to notify me, it just vibrates. I have different tones for everything for a reason and this is frustrating. For example, I was just in BBM and a text message came in. I didn't get the tone, just a vibration.

Any ideas out there? Thanks!
    05-03-09 08:52 AM
    If you are using your blackberry while a message comes in, the tones will not sound.

Because you are typing on the keyboard, the Blackberry recognizes that you are on the phone, and by pressing anything on the keyboard it "silences" the notification.

For example...if I have my phone on lock and I text myself...it vibrates twice, then it should tone. However, if I hit anything on the keyboard or even click the scroll wheel, it will not tone, recognizing I am already "on my phone" therefore, no need to notify.

As far as a fix, I do not think there is any. Unfortunately, the vibrating is the best you'll get.
    05-03-09 10:47 AM
    Thanks for the reply. I figured it was something like that. I guess the "fix" would be to look and see what icon pops up on the top of the screen or switch over. LOL
    05-03-09 01:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD