Look at this.. Since when is Alcatel By BlackBerry? I know BlackBerry Mobile is Alcatel, but I thought it was making BlackBerry Devices only.. I think it's great though that BlackBerry is doing all Alcatels if that's the case.. P.S this is at a Phone Store that I found on Facebook.
    11-28-18 10:33 PM
    there is nothing BB about that. your Facebook ad is wrong
    11-28-18 10:47 PM
    TCL Mobile owns the Alcatel brand and has licensed the BB brand for most of the world. In other words, both Alcatel and current BB phones are designed, manufactured, sold, and supported by TCL. BB Limited doesn't design, manufacture, sell, or support smartphones and hasn't for 2.5 years already.

Whoever created that ad is just confused.
    TGR1 likes this.
    11-29-18 11:46 PM
    TCL Mobile owns the Alcatel brand and has licensed the BB brand for most of the world. In other words, both Alcatel and current BB phones are designed, manufactured, sold, and supported by TCL. BB Limited doesn't design, manufacture, sell, or support smartphones and hasn't for 2.5 years already.

Whoever created that ad is just confused.
    Doesn't BlackBerry Ltd. technically support their branded phones with the OS though?
    11-29-18 11:49 PM
    Doesn't BlackBerry Ltd. technically support their branded phones with the OS though?
    BB Ltd supports their 3 customers (TCL and the other two). It does NOT provide any end-user support, though - that's all on TCL. BB no longer has any staff that provides outside support.
    11-30-18 12:07 AM
    BB no longer has any staff that provides outside support.
    With the exception of the the few dev team members here on CrackBerry that help community members with array of issues, more specifically app suite related.
    11-30-18 12:36 AM
    BB Ltd supports their 3 customers (TCL and the other two). It does NOT provide any end-user support, though - that's all on TCL. BB no longer has any staff that provides outside support.
    Yes customer support. You didn't specify that's what you meant in your post. Got it.
    11-30-18 08:30 AM
    Personally I wouldn't trust a "phone store" that couldn't get those crucial details correct. I suspect that's $50 you probably won't ever see again (or you won't be happy with what you got for that $50)
    PantherBlitz likes this.
    11-30-18 09:32 AM
    Look at this.. Since when is Alcatel By BlackBerry? I know BlackBerry Mobile is Alcatel, but I thought it was making BlackBerry Devices only.. I think it's great though that BlackBerry is doing all Alcatels if that's the case.. P.S this is at a Phone Store that I found on Facebook.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...b9b3439825.jpg
    This promotion is either a mistake, or is fake. TCL's Alcatel is licensed to produce BlackBerry-branded phones, not the other way around. The BlackBerry Dtek60, for example, is a modified Alcatel Idol 5S Windows phone with an upgraded camera and BlackBerry badge on the back.
    12-01-18 08:33 AM
    This promotion is either a mistake, or is fake. TCL's Alcatel is licensed to produce BlackBerry-branded phones, not the other way around. The BlackBerry Dtek60, for example, is a modified Alcatel Idol 5S Windows phone with an upgraded camera and BlackBerry badge on the back.
    Lol I know that, I'm saying the Lady don't have a clue
    tonycanuck likes this.
    12-01-18 08:53 AM
    Personally I wouldn't trust a "phone store" that couldn't get those crucial details correct. I suspect that's $50 you probably won't ever see again (or you won't be happy with what you got for that $50)
    I don't shop at phone stores, I just seen this online on Facebook.. I buy from BlackBerry or Samsung etc..
    12-01-18 08:56 AM
    I don't shop at phone stores, I just seen this online on Facebook.. I buy from BlackBerry or Samsung etc..
    That’s okay. I shopped on that “special” website. No problems. I used your card though....
    john_v and hoytbowhunter like this.
    12-01-18 08:58 AM
    That’s okay. I shopped on that “special” website. No problems. I used your card though....
    Lol, if you used my Card it's gonna be declined..
    12-01-18 09:07 AM
    idol 4S actually and Android.
    Last edited by dangerousfen; 12-12-18 at 07:49 PM.
    12-12-18 07:38 PM
    idol 4S actually and Android.
    You are right sir! I stand corrected! I made a typo; it is the Idol 4S not 5S!
    12-12-18 07:57 PM
    You are right sir! I stand corrected! I made a typo; it is the Idol 4S not 5S!
    I know Tony. I have an Idol 4S (otherwise known as a TCL Smart Platinum 7 ). I purchased it back in March 2017 because I couldn't afford the DET60 and is been the best choice I ever made. Still performing well apart from the battery life. I've now just purchased the Nokia 7.1 and that is one hell of a phone for the money.
    12-12-18 08:10 PM
    See http://www.tclcom.com/

For more info. May not be current as TCL very recently restructured .
    12-12-18 09:11 PM