So this morning I woke up to my alarm as usual only to find that it was on quiet mode. Good thing to since I had work, but every thread I've read said that it wouldn't, so just thought I'd share! Sorry if this was already known but I didn't think so.
    06-26-08 11:17 PM
    I was always under the assumption that the alarm would go off even when on silent mode.
    06-26-08 11:20 PM
    As far as I know, your phone is meant to do that. If you think that's bad, here's a story:

I purchased my new curve on a saturday. I put my old pearl in my drawer that night, turned off. I awoke at 6am the next morning to my alarm sounding! I hadn't set it on my new device, so, still half asleep, I foggily searched for where the sound was coming from. I had my alarm set to ring at 6am on my old pearl, and I'll be damned if it didn't turn itself on and sound the alarm. Who knew!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-26-08 11:23 PM
    lol I don't think it's a bad thing at all! I was really happy otherwise I would've been late to work! It's just that every thread I read said it wouldn't! So I'm just sharing my surprise with the CB world
    06-26-08 11:25 PM
    Blackberries are wonderful devices.

06-26-08 11:28 PM
    I'm sure this is by design, most phones I've had over the years do this.

As Jen also found, a lot of phones will also turn themselves on to sound their alarm as well (one to watch when on long flights).

06-26-08 11:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD