All of a sudden my alarm clock is not working properly. There is no sound when it has been powered off at night, although it does turn on and the pop-up screen asks if I want to snooze or dismiss the alarm. The alarm works properly if it is in bedside mode, just not if it is turned off. This just started last Tuesday. I had used the alarm clock function for 6 months prior to this with no issues.

I did a battery pull, removed all third party applications, am on the latest OS (re-installed) and cannot think of anything else it could possibly be. Any ideas would be much appreciated.
    01-09-11 08:15 PM
    Which device? Which OS version? This could be part of the random no sound nor notifications from OS5.

More info will help those who would try to help you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-09-11 09:18 PM
    Sorry, I have a 9700 (Bold) with OS 5.0.0.862. I upgraded to this OS version about a month ago, but the issue only started last week.
    01-09-11 09:20 PM
    Yup, as far as I recall, there are versions of OS5 that do such things. Some users had problems right away from the upgrade others did not. Mine still randomly occurs. Usually a battery pull will be enough to fix it.

Note: mostly the issue is with notifications, but I presume the alarms would be affected as well. Unfortunately this is a bug in OS5 and there are suppose to be fixes coming for it. So as usual, we wait for the fix. Sorry about that.

01-10-11 07:55 AM
    A few days ago, my sister's BB stopped making noises. Saturday afternoon, mine followed suit. I have a Curve 8330. She has a nicer BB than I do (can't remember the model), but we're both on Verizon. I can't find any info on this issue! Driving us nuts.
    01-10-11 10:17 AM
    A few days ago, my sister's BB stopped making noises. Saturday afternoon, mine followed suit. I have a Curve 8330. She has a nicer BB than I do (can't remember the model), but we're both on Verizon. I can't find any info on this issue! Driving us nuts.
    Do a battery pull for each device. That should bring the audibles back to the BlackBerry. Not sure why both did at nearly the same time unless VZW rolled out some new service books or such.

You could try resending the service books as well.

01-11-11 06:11 AM
    I'm having the same problem--the alarm won't work. It's nice to get all the extra sleep but my work is suffering! The phone does give me text and voicemail notifications. It's a curve 8310 running 4.5.0.182 (I checked for upgrades and it says this is the latest).

It lets me program the alarm, but the little bell icon doesn't show up. Have done the battery pull, no effect.
    How do you resend service books?

Thanks in advance for any wisdom!
    01-12-11 10:17 PM
    How do you resend service books?

Thanks in advance for any wisdom!
    You are welcome, hopefully I can offer some guidance. ;-)

If you are on BIS through your carrier, you will need to locate their BIS web page. You will log in with the credentials you set with them to originally set up the BIS, and you will look for something about your account, options, settings or BIS. For example, I am with AT&T so I go to BlackBerry Internet Service to log in.

Once there you just look around until you find the resend service books tool and use it. That will update the books and *MAYBE* get your alarms working again.

What I do find curious is that you get other notifications but *ONY* the alarm does not work, nor does it show the clock icon. You may have set the alarm time, but have you actually turned the alarm on? I know on my BB I can set the alarm time and then chose between, daily, weekdays, and off. If set to off, the alarm is set, but not set to fire as it is off. Maybe check that, sometimes the silly simple solutions are what work best.

Good luck.
    01-13-11 09:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD