I am leaving for Vegas in the morning, do I need to keep my BB shut down or is there airplane mode like my old cell?? Sorry if this is an old question, only have a few hours to get ready!!!!!!
    03-03-08 07:15 PM
    Just go to manage connections and click turn all connections off...

-db

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-03-08 07:27 PM
    Thank you so much DB!! Wish me luck!!
    03-03-08 07:29 PM
    That is the correct way, but SOME airlines have their own policies, and require it to be completely off, although most do not, and some attendants might be in a bad mood, i had 1 problem, i showed her that all connections were off, and she said" That is not airplane mode, Unless you show me a specific airplane mode, i need you to power it off completely."
    Needless to say, I turned it off completely.
    Last edited by cjcarbone; 03-03-08 at 07:42 PM.
    03-03-08 07:40 PM
    dumb ? but I gotta. I do not have nor do I want wings, but why is it important to turn off or put phone into airplane mode? does it cause interferance or somthing?
    03-03-08 08:10 PM
    yeah u will have sum ignorant flight attendance i had one wen i was flyin back home to vegad and check to c if our fone were off not on silent or airplane mode
    03-03-08 08:17 PM
    dumb ? but I gotta. I do not have nor do I want wings, but why is it important to turn off or put phone into airplane mode? does it cause interferance or somthing?
    your phone does not interfere with the avionics like they might have you believe, more like they dont want everyone on cells during take off and landing in case of an emergency, you cant get a reception at 33000 feet anyway so there is no way a cell signal can cause interference
    03-03-08 08:18 PM
    Airlines say that they don't want to risk the chance of interference (same reason why no electronics can be used on take off and landing). I think the real reason why you can't have them on during the flight is because people would become violent if they were forced to sit next to some cell phone talkers for 4 hours.
    03-03-08 08:19 PM
    Last time I was on a plane to Amsterdam the flight attendant told everyone to switch off their phone even if it had a "flight mode". (I kept mine switched on, I live life on the edge)
    03-03-08 08:21 PM
    I flew to Florida not long ago and played 100 games of brickbreaker on the way... And lingo.... And blackjack.... And watched the Victoria secret fashion show...

But my pearl's radio was off....

-db

03-03-08 08:26 PM
    Just go to manage connections and click turn all connections off...

-db

sorry for the stupid qustion but i cant seem to find manage connections on my blackberry. any help?
    03-03-08 11:23 PM
    its an icon that looks like a cell antenna
    03-03-08 11:25 PM
    sorry for the stupid qustion but i cant seem to find manage connections on my blackberry. any help?
    Its on your desktop and uncheck mobile network.
    03-03-08 11:26 PM
    Manage connections should be with the rest of the icons, it may be hidden so make sure that show all is checked and then it should appear with every other icon

03-03-08 11:27 PM
    my 8100 says turn wireless off. That is what I use when flying and we have not crashed yet so I assume it is working.
    03-03-08 11:41 PM
    Is turn wireless on/off the same thing, cause that what i have on my phones desktop. thanks
    03-03-08 11:58 PM
    Yes. Just turn it off and your good to go.

03-04-08 12:04 AM
    Hahaha. Airplane...

Surely you can't be serious?!
    I AM serious. And don't call me Shirley.

(Handing map to gay navigator)
    What can you make of this?
    Well I could make a haat or a swaan or; ooh, ooh...

Everybody, get into your crash postitions...
    (Everybody lies in aisles or in the leg room or in a mangled pose)

I have to watch that sometime...

03-04-08 02:17 AM
    i herd that they dont want you getting 1000$ roming charges cause when your in the air you can hit 100 roming towser in les than 1min each charging 1min of use just for tuching the singnal wile on the phone now with most services having free roming probly just old habit
    03-04-08 09:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD