Hi all!

I was curious if there was an airplane mode for the Blackberry Tour. A way to ustilize the berry's apps, etc. without actually having the phone on. For airline flights.

Thanks!
    06-07-10 06:40 PM
    Yes. Go to Manage Connections and turn off connections. If you are not on a airplane, you can be selective and keep bluetooth on and phone off or the other way around.
    06-07-10 06:55 PM
    Ok, thanks for the tip!
    06-07-10 07:18 PM
    Thanks! I was going to ask this.
    06-29-10 08:21 PM
    Not quite on topic, but does the Blackberry always turn the mobile radio off when the battery is low?
    06-30-10 06:39 AM
    So I've read the "airplane mode" topics and none addressed all necessary flying topics. To turn off the radio I will go to manage connections. No problem there. However you're also asked to shut off your electronics. I have the S2, and it doesn't actually "shut off". Is using the menu option "Turn Power Off" enough, or would one actually need to pull the battery during these times of powering down your electronics.
    Last edited by PressNClick; 08-12-10 at 11:19 PM. Reason: Added title and subscribed
    08-12-10 11:17 PM
    Doesn't it have a POWER BUTTON - the RED phone button, generally. I believe that is sufficiently OFF to satisfy the airlines. While it is keeping time in that state, I do not think that is a problem. Obviously, it is not totally off but I am pretty sure that there are a ton of similar devices on board, like clocks and watches, etc and even other phones in OFF states with few batteries removed.
    08-13-10 12:25 AM
    Doesn't it have a POWER BUTTON - the RED phone button, generally. I believe that is sufficiently OFF to satisfy the airlines. While it is keeping time in that state, I do not think that is a problem. Obviously, it is not totally off but I am pretty sure that there are a ton of similar devices on board, like clocks and watches, etc and even other phones in OFF states with few batteries removed.
    The power button is the same as the menu option to shut off. It more or less puts it in "sleep" mode. I use quick pull to restart, or a battery pull. It's between 2-3 minutes boot up time, when you use the button or menu option, the device is live in about 5 seconds or so. I assumed that would be sufficient to use since it's called "off". The only other off is keeping the battery out.

I'm still curious to hear the responses of others if anybody has any input.

Thanks.
    08-13-10 01:05 AM
    Not quite on topic, but does the Blackberry always turn the mobile radio off when the battery is low?
    yes, it's forced off.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-13-10 02:10 AM
    I would hit the lock button which instantly turns off the display. Who gives a shat if the airlines biotch about it, I don't care It's not like it'll bring down a plane.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-13-10 02:12 AM
    Yes. Go to Manage Connections and turn off connections. If you are not on a airplane, you can be selective and keep bluetooth on and phone off or the other way around.
    just did this last week on my flight to SC. although, given the line of sight radius of cell sites, i wouldnt be surprised if you could get cell reception on a plane before it climbs to its 35,000 ft main flight altitude. just dont let the freaky stewardesses find ya doing it. maybe ill test it on the way home sunday.
    08-13-10 02:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD