fact is, nobody is better than the next guy - that alone is a huge problem in itself *somebody thinking they're some kind of zealot do-gooder who knows best for everybody else and feels like they're job is to be 'the better man'* - sorry, not appealing at all. just be funny, be yourself, don't take things all personally, because it's internet randomness - nothing more. what personal problem is a public forum of text going to cause you? it's not like we know eachother - or, it's not like I CAN SEE YOU RIGHT NOW, DON'T TURN AROUND
    01-15-13 03:04 PM
    hi, i'm right behind you, BE MINDFUL
    01-15-13 03:05 PM
    psyche - carry on... nothing to see or read here
    01-15-13 03:06 PM
    People shouldn't be cutting others off
    Yeah that's not going to happen so people need to learn to deal with it.
    01-15-13 03:06 PM
    Yeah that's not going to happen so people need to learn to deal with it.
    Thats right. here is how you deal with it, let them know its not a good idea to post duplicates. That's how I learned when I first started forums.
    jakie55 likes this.
    01-15-13 03:12 PM
    if there are reposts, report it to a mod and let the mod decide whether it should be moved or locked.

posting vile responses is not exactly the best way to indicate to the community that you are ready to take on moderating duties. and if you don't, stop acting like you make the rules around here.

not too long ago a mod himself was under attack by some members of the community. such individuals who come on here with the mafia attitude need to be weeded out.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    BigBadWulf and reeneebob like this.
    01-15-13 03:18 PM
    Thats right. here is how you deal with it, let them know its not a good idea to post duplicates. That's how I learned when I first started forums.
    But a lot of people could learn to take a little more time in how they word that it's a duplicate.
    01-15-13 03:23 PM
    But a lot of people could learn to take a little more time in how they word that it's a duplicate.
    and we should give them a like and a thanks for trying too. No.

For obvious topics like the one in question the other threads would have clearly showed when creating the thread. The person needs to know they were not right for choosing submit thread instead of browsing them for a few minutes. Attacking the individual on a personal level is wrong, but saying it is a bad thread is not offensive on a personal level.
    Blacklatino likes this.
    01-15-13 03:30 PM
    if there are reposts, report it to a mod and let the mod decide whether it should be moved or locked.

posting vile responses is not exactly the best way to indicate to the community that you are ready to take on moderating duties. and if you don't, stop acting like you make the rules around here.

not too long ago a mod himself was under attack by some members of the community. such individuals who come on here with the mafia attitude need to be weeded out.

There is a mob attitude that has been building here for the last three weeks or so. Started by one very manipulative and self serving person. Certainly has an agenda.

Sent from my SEXY HOT RED SGIII using Tapatalk 2
    01-15-13 03:33 PM
    and we should give them a like and a thanks for trying too. No.

For obvious topics like the one in question the other threads would have clearly showed when creating the thread. The person needs to know they were not right for choosing submit thread instead of browsing them for a few minutes. Attacking the individual on a personal level is wrong, but saying it is a bad thread is not offensive on a personal level.
    I don't think it would hurt anyone to be a little nicer on the forum. Including myself.
    01-15-13 03:47 PM
    Aggression? Seriously?

Wasn't the tag line for blackberry supporters who felt a lot of abuse was to "suck it up" and "stop being a fanboy"?

"If you don't like the comments there's always the ignore button".

I usually do not try to nor hope to offend anyone but the hypocrisy of the topic is laughable.
    01-15-13 04:00 PM
    It happens to a lot of us that see the same thing needing asked again and again.

However, we do have to remember that there are how many of millions of BlackBerry users out there and still growing? A TON! Not all of them are part of CrackBerry nation. I have to remind myself of this from time to time too. The best thing we can do is inform them of where the info can be found and be nice when telling them that "here is the place to go to post that" or "here is the thread where is has been asked if you want to see that discussion".

To the long time members, yes it is taxing sometimes. But look at it this way:

New members = a bigger and stronger CrackBerry Nation!

To any I have offended in the past I do apologize. Lets move forward and unleash the awesomeness that will be BB10!
    01-15-13 04:14 PM
    Aggression? Seriously?

Wasn't the tag line for blackberry supporters who felt a lot of abuse was to "suck it up" and "stop being a fanboy"?

"If you don't like the comments there's always the ignore button".

I usually do not try to nor hope to offend anyone but the hypocrisy of the topic is laughable.
    wow. that's bitter

01-15-13 04:17 PM
    Can't we all just get along here folks?
    I'm actually glad I read this thread. It reminded me to keep my cool and not everyone that comes here is familiar with how a forum even works. I know that I wasn't when I joined. This was the 1st forum I ever joined, and I'm pretty proud to say that because it's an awesome community. Time to be positive and get along, and we all get irritated sometimes. This was a nice little wake up for me, and perhaps others. We CAN all just get along. We just need to try harder.
    jakie55, BigBadWulf and ctuffy like this.
    01-15-13 04:23 PM
    While talking to a co-worker who uses BB we started discussing the new BB10. He wasn't aware of it and wanted to learn more. I sent him a link to this site because most of the time - in fact all of the time - there is something new to be discovered and experts willing to share their expertise. I hope he comes here and learns what a great unit it will be. It would be awful to send him to a site where new folks, who may not live up to others expectations, are belittled and caused to feel embarrassed. Just because you can and have the right to doesn't always mean you should.
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    01-15-13 05:58 PM
    Some questions need to be handled in such a way that informs the user that there is such things as search engines to use for research.
    It's akin to teaching a man to fish.
    Forums are in general a discussion area. They do not need multiple threads for each topic just so people can feel that they are a part of society, or because they are inherantly lazy.
    01-15-13 05:58 PM
    I'm actually glad I read this thread. It reminded me to keep my cool and not everyone that comes here is familiar with how a forum even works. I know that I wasn't when I joined. This was the 1st forum I ever joined, and I'm pretty proud to say that because it's an awesome community. Time to be positive and get along, and we all get irritated sometimes. This was a nice little wake up for me, and perhaps others. We CAN all just get along. We just need to try harder.
    Agreed. And in only 15 days the loyalists, the fanbois, the trolls, the naysayers, the soothsayers, the analysts, and the moderators will either be vindicated or forced to admit they can't predict the future after all.
    01-15-13 06:21 PM
    I saw a great post on another forum, a carrier-specific forum, today. Someone had just purchased three Galaxy S 3' s for their family, and posted a phone-specific question in the General chat area (first time they had joined a forum). A mod came along and said something to the extent of:
    "Hey welcome to the forums, we're glad you joined us. You made a great choice in phones, and I'm sure you have a lot of questions about them. Come on over the the SGS3 forums, and I can help you get going with setting them up. Lots of people have the kind of questions you're asking, so poke around a little and do some searching and I think you'll find a lot of cool tips"

Nothing mean, just a friendly way of saying
    • yes you posted in the wrong area
    • yes that question has been asked over and over
    • no we don't want you to leave
    • yes we'd love to help you out
    • yes it's ok to be a noob sometimes

and then we get a happy customer instead of a flame war

Just my .02 worth
    01-15-13 06:36 PM
    I don't mind being nice to the newbies... but umm... we have to be nice to the mods and the trolls too???? Seems very extreme to me.
    01-15-13 07:30 PM
    I don't mind being nice to the newbies... but umm... we have to be nice to the mods and the trolls too???? Seems very extreme to me.
    Nice to the mods? Um, yeah, if you wanna stick around

Nice to the trolls? Nicest thing you can do is just ignore them. And in doing so, "heap coals of fire on their heads" (you should know that one, Denise! ) Don't let a faceless name on a computer screen get you upset. Ignore ignore ignore.

01-15-13 07:42 PM
    It has been said, earlier in this thread, that there is a degree of terseness that has not been there in the past few years, other than small outbursts that are squelched quickly. It almost seems like a couple getting close to the birth of a baby, and all getting very tired and stressed. The fanbois want the new phone to be the next best thing, and the haters want the device to fail miserably. We also get the new people curious to learn, who get caught in the cross fire. Let's be kind, and get along in the playground. The more success BB10 has, the more newbies we will have.
    01-15-13 07:57 PM
    the hypocrisy of the topic is laughable.
    yup,,, all of a sudden the biggest offenders are singin' kum-bay-ya,,, the entertaiment value of is priceless tho...
    01-15-13 08:31 PM
    Enough already!
    01-15-13 08:34 PM
    Nice to the mods? Um, yeah, if you wanna stick around
    give respect when you get it,,, there are a couple that need to pay heed here...
    01-15-13 08:40 PM
    Its a clear example for why CrackBerry as an app or a forum shouldnt be embedded in BB10 as some have suggested
    Wait, people suggested this? Hilarious
    01-15-13 09:16 PM
201 12345 ...