Okay so i am new here, but do have a question
    i see alot of teens (age 14-18) walking around with a Blackberry (mostly the 8520) in my country, they all use it for bbm and thats it.

so my question is; Why did you get your blackberry? for bbm? for emails? etc etc.

me first;

I used to work at a thrift store, and haul all the antique stuff (paintings,old art,ww2 stuff) and sell it. most of the time i came home with crap (checked the value on the internet), so i decided to get a blackberry so i could directly check the value and email people that would be interested .
    01-18-11 05:05 AM
    Well that depends what country do you live in I know I got my first bb because it was the only phone with a key bored that was easy to text on and it had the push to talk feature back when nextel was hot that's what sold me then

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-18-11 06:04 AM
    BBM, emails (love being able to manage multiple accounts) and an mp3 player for my car.. I also love to mod things and bbs are easy as **** to mod.. A 9700 requires 6 screws total and less than 5 minutes to have it fully taken apart... Have you guys ever seen the procedure to take apart an iphone? Literally like 50 screws, 20 cables and like 5 layers of pcb just to replace the housing

Last edited by rayzian; 01-18-11 at 06:14 AM.
    01-18-11 06:11 AM
    Got mine for e-mail, replaced the pearl I had. Now it's got video uploads and. Mobile forums such as this one, on crackberry

01-18-11 07:05 AM
    16-18 age group
    BBM - Cheaper than Txting in markets that unlimited txting plans don't exsit.

8530's are Low cost out of contract messaging phones, they are a perfect tool for txting quickly, you can be forgetful and not charge it, you can throw it in your pocket and if the screen gets a crack in it it is still very usable. I would venture that the Pre University crowd are not as concerned about getting their email as they are about snapping a picture and sending it off to their friends in an IM.

for the 19-23 market, I will say as a University Student I wish I had a tool like the blackberry to email myself assignments add due dates to calendars, and with the privacy screens available give off almost NO light so you can punch out messages in a dark room without getting in trouble.
    01-18-11 09:28 AM
    I find a lot of people where I work who are in the 16-23 age category have Blackberry phone for BBM. Even my friends sister who is 13 has just got a Blackberry.

Young people are loving the BBM and Blackberry right now

01-18-11 10:24 AM
    19 year old college student here. Got a BlackBerry so I could check my school email on the fly, check the web quickly and organize my time better with a decent calender. Plus, most of the other girls in my program have BBs, so the school group on BBM we have going is a nice bonus.

01-18-11 03:10 PM
    Ability to easily communicate got me on BB when I was 17. Six years later I'm still with them for reliability, ease of use, and of course familiarity.

01-18-11 03:22 PM
    I am 38 but I got my bb so that I could look like a bussinessman lol.love my curve.

01-18-11 03:59 PM
    Where are you from? Here in Mexico 8 of every 10 teenagers has a blackberry. I used to live in Venezuela and there is like 10 of every 10 teenagers has one.. lol
    01-18-11 04:21 PM
    I'm 23 and just like the simplicity and ease of it. I like the style of the UI and how everything is laid out. The design of the hardware itself is great too and pretty distinct when comparing to a lot of the more generic iphone rip-off phones out there. Communication and notifications are top notch.

I think RIM is one of the more established phone manufacturers out there today and I trust in their products. I'm hoping rumors are true and start innovating and improving their phones soon. I love my 9550 but I need something more powerful and efficient.
    01-18-11 04:46 PM
    I would've loved to have had a blackberry when I was in high school & college. I would've been a lot more productive, I think. Toward the latter part of my grad school years I used a Sidekick to take notes in class. Every time I had a new professor I would have to show them that I was really taking notes on my device so they wouldn't think I was texting or being rude.
    01-18-11 05:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD