Last night I downloaded long time awaited update to blackberry productivity tab which adds support for widgets. I added blackberry hub widget to it and now I have true, proper blackberry 10 like peak on my own KEYone. I can peek at the hub any time from any app just like on BB10. I think there is still work to be done. I think the tabs should be on the bottom not on the side because this would allow for widgets to be stretched horizontally from edge to edge. There is a lot of waisted room on the bottom. Secondly default size font is too big for the widget the way it is all set up right now. Once I switched to small font on my KEYone the widget content looks much much better. I love it. Thank you blackberry. I will keep you supporting and spreading the word about the goodness of owning blackberry phone !
    Last edited by bitek; 03-09-18 at 02:24 AM.
    rarsen, tazcubed, RK_BB and 1 others like this.
    03-08-18 06:53 AM
    I am very pleased that the BlackBerry product team is exploring how to make Android as convenient as possible for Hub-related tasks. It likely won't ever be as good as BB10 has been, but I understand they need to employ Android best practices rather than some kind of kluge that may not be effective or sustainable as Android evolves.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    03-08-18 08:09 AM
    I am very pleased that the BlackBerry product team is exploring how to make Android as convenient as possible for Hub-related tasks. It likely won't ever be as good as BB10 has been, but I understand they need to employ Android best practices rather than some kind of kluge that may not be effective or sustainable as Android evolves.

works same.
    03-08-18 09:16 AM
    works same.
    Huh? What works the same? The Hub in Android is completely different than the Hub in BB10. I use both daily. Please explain what you mean.

03-08-18 01:08 PM
    Huh? What works the same? The Hub in Android is completely different than the Hub in BB10. I use both daily. Please explain what you mean.

It works the same as you can peak the content at any time on mu phone. I am writing this reply and I can peak at the hub at the same time without closing the app.

I also take back my previous comment. I just realized that the widget can be extended to the bottom of the screen. I just did not know how to do it !
    03-09-18 01:18 AM
    Please play around with display and font size settings in blackberry launcher. I changed display and font size to small and hub widget inside productivity tab fits all the content beautifully for me now

I love it ! Awesome , awesome , awesome.
    03-09-18 01:47 AM
    Kudos to BlackBerry team for working hard to improve the android day by day.
    03-09-18 04:05 AM
    It works the same as you can peak the content at any time on mu phone. I am writing this reply and I can peak at the hub at the same time without closing the app.

I also take back my previous comment. I just realized that the widget can be extended to the bottom of the screen. I just did not know how to do it !
    OK. You're just talking about the widget functionality. I was referring to the overall Hub experience, which is significantly different on Android than it is on BB10.

03-09-18 07:05 AM
    03-10-18 12:26 AM
    After Three months with Android and iPhone as daily drivers, I am increasingly convinced that nothing will ever be like blackberry 10 with its computer-like experience.

I find myself using Passport often and it still performs great even if it has an old processor, it's very fast with fluid processes and seamless switches from app to app.

I laugh when someone talks to me about Android multitasking being better than everything, it is not at all immediate and, apart for music and navigation, it just freezes all the apps when switching to another one. They say that like this it's better for performance, they say...

As for productivity tab, it's better now and I enjoy the new features, but it's still not immediate at all interfering with other apps, as I keep the opening tab very high on the screen...
    03-10-18 12:47 AM
    Widget peak isn't the same as you then have to open the full app, no? BB10 peak showed the full app.
    03-10-18 08:31 AM
    After Three months with Android and iPhone as daily drivers, I am increasingly convinced that nothing will ever be like blackberry 10 with its computer-like experience.

I find myself using Passport often and it still performs great even if it has an old processor, it's very fast with fluid processes and seamless switches from app to app.

I laugh when someone talks to me about Android multitasking being better than everything, it is not at all immediate and, apart for music and navigation, it just freezes all the apps when switching to another one. They say that like this it's better for performance, they say...

As for productivity tab, it's better now and I enjoy the new features, but it's still not immediate at all interfering with other apps, as I keep the opening tab very high on the screen...
    I agree 100% that, for the limited scope of functions that it supports, BB10 offers a much more elegant and efficient experience than Android. For me there is no comparison. I have been carrying my KEYone For six months and use it as often as I can, but it simply isn't as good as my BB10 phones for high volume, real-time email communication.

The challenge comes for people who want to use apps and services that BB10 does not really support, or at least does not support nearly as well as Android and iOS. Increasingly, this includes Web browsing.

I understand why someone would want a single device that does everything, but for me, double carrying is still preferable, and will be for the foreseeable future.

03-10-18 09:00 AM
    You need to open full app to answer but it is fast process , goes back to hub and then the app you are working on.
    03-12-18 04:40 AM
    You know this thing about BB10 gets old. It really does. Let's start by saying BB10 hub is useless at this point because there are no apps supporting it. My hub shows whatsup, facebook, Instagram, reddit and tons of other apps. How about BB10 ? The answer is none. Android hub has one extra step which opens 3rd part app to answr but then it closes that app and goes back to hub. I have EXACTLY the same way peek setup on KEYone As I had on my old Z10. The ONLY difference is that hub will open 3rd party app to answer which must be instatenious on phones with faster CPU and more RAM.
    03-12-18 04:46 AM
    yes. I explained in there my setup. Is exactly as on BB10. It works very well. The only thing that sucks about android is that I cannot disable notifications so pop ups would not show up without disabling vibration or sound notification.
    03-12-18 04:48 AM
    You know this thing about BB10 gets old. It really does. Let's start by saying BB10 hub is useless at this point because there are no apps supporting it. My hub shows whatsup, facebook, Instagram, reddit and tons of other apps. How about BB10 ? The answer is none. Android hub has one extra step which opens 3rd part app to answr but then it closes that app and goes back to hub. I have EXACTLY the same way peek setup on KEYone As I had on my old Z10. The ONLY difference is that hub will open 3rd party app to answer which must be instatenious on phones with faster CPU and more RAM.
    I think everyone agrees that if you want support for the apps you mentioned then Android is a better platform.

But for me, who reads and writes hundreds of emails a day for work and who doesn't need those apps, the BB10 experience is much better than Android. At work, my KEYone stays in my bag for the one or two daily tasks I do that benefits from Android.

At some point, Android may well become more valuable to me than my BB10 phones. That's why I have the KEYone. But for now, it's not even a close comparison which one works better for me.

03-12-18 08:44 PM
    How do you make the tab work and look like peek?
    03-16-18 08:29 AM
    1. Move to productivity tab from right to left
    2. Add hub widget
    3. Stretch hub widget from top to very bottom (past plus sign)
    4. Display size in settings to small
    5. Turn off hub tab
    6. Move hub widget to top
    7. Change widget icon to hub widget icon
    8. (Optional) kill notifications to show up on top of the screen so they only show up inside the widget.
    03-17-18 03:29 AM
    I may try the productivity tab again.. i had turned it off after the first week because it didn't seem useful to me. My current setup is using the Pop-Up Widget feature of the BB Launcher and i swipe up from my hub icon to see my Hub
    03-20-18 04:17 PM