BlackBerry 10 has not future...

Posted via CB10
    04-22-16 12:26 PM
    There's lots of people using still using BBOS 7.1. So why would things be any different with BB10?
    Yep, UK Public Sector still has a lot of BB OS7 phones
    04-22-16 01:55 PM
    we have at work just one mine you, still using a flip phone on Verizon.and a few of are customer were believe it or were using plam treo's up to a couple of years ago.
    04-22-16 02:31 PM
    PP SE, awesome. Using it for six months now.

I had the white PP. Then bought the PP SE. All other phones are now garbage to me.

I don't know how they top this thing.

I use it naked.... store it in a pouch.
    A guy saw me using it at the mall, tried it, said it beats his new samsung, hands down.

Posted via CB10
    I have the white one, been using it for a year. This past month my mom has been in the hospital with pneumonia, I've been at the mall across from the hospital a fair bit. Three times older people have spotted my phone and asked "What is that? I love it, look at the big keyboard!"

Maybe it should have been marketed to the elderly and people with fat thumbs.

At any rate, it's the most attention my phone has got in a year.

Posted via CB10
    04-23-16 09:26 AM
    There's lots of people using still using BBOS 7.1. So why would things be any different with BB10?
    This is one of the most sensible comments I've seen in the great BB10 debate.

Many assume that their BB10 devices will go into complete melt-down after BlackBerry sends out their last maintenance update.

Whatsapp will most likely continue functioning long after they release their final update. Face10 on the other hand could be caught in a game of chess with Facebook if facebook decides to take an aggressive stance with it, we all remember how Snap2chat played out...

If you're a long-time BB10 user and abuser then you're obviously not a huge lover of mainstream apps then you're good. However, keep in mind that the work-arounds will get harder and harder as we move forward.

One thing we can say for definate is that limited app support is going to become worse over time. Also, core apps like the browser will progressively become worse. I'd strongly recommend ditching the native one now for a 3rd party browser on BBWorld such as Browsie or Evolution Browser.

Q10 - 10.3.2.2876/SR .2836  < α∂∂ι�т > 
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    04-23-16 01:04 PM
    The future on BB10 is pretty obvious. Do you really need others to tell you?

via my Samsung Galaxy S5
    JeepBB likes this.
    04-23-16 03:26 PM
    I should be more concerned, on OS7.1
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    04-23-16 04:39 PM
    As I mentioned on another thread here, my guess is it will go down exactly like it did with Nokia N9 and Meego OS.

BlackBerry will set a date sometime in late 2017 or 2018 (hopefully 2019 if we're lucky) when the app world and all critical APIs will cease to function. At that point your device basically is bricked for anything other than phone calls and SMS. We're talking email and contact sync, apps, BBID, all gone.

At least that's how it happened with Meego. It might be a different story with BlackBerry depending on what their current contracts or future android support look like. But just speaking from experience here. Nevertheless, I'm sticking with BB10 and hoping for the best.

 C L A S S I C
    04-24-16 12:55 AM
    You are overly paranoid.

Tools not Toys! Such nonsense
    04-24-16 02:57 AM
    With all of their lukewarm efforts towards branding, I see BB going the way of Nokia. It will be well deserved. It pains me to say that but it seems that BB has no game plan to be competitive. They need to be a bit more Trump like (not trying to be political, just and example) in their efforts to grab market share. Oh that's right, they don't want to increase market share. That's what their efforts are telling me. Please convince me otherwise.
    I've been a BB user since the 5810.

Posted via CB10
    luisoman2000 likes this.
    04-24-16 02:40 PM
    BB10 Os is the best period! I am getting two more BB10 Passport SE! Yes!

Posted via CB10
    04-25-16 01:38 PM
    You should be!

04-25-16 01:39 PM
    That's

"Future BlackBerry has not....."
    If you are doing Yoda.

BlackBerry 10 has not future...

Posted via CB10
    DrBoomBotz likes this.
    04-25-16 07:46 PM
    In my opinion I don't consider a set on earth but BBOS. Certainly the use of operating OS is superb I will use my classic and passport SE until and unless it dies.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-16 12:46 PM

Maybe it should have been marketed to the elderly and people with fat thumbs.
    Timmay!

Posted via CB10
    04-27-16 05:58 AM
    I suggest that if you like OS10 and don't need all the apps, then buy a passport and be happy. Support for OS10 is going to be around for another couple of years and that's an eternity in this industry.
    Exactly look how long the older bb phones was updated and how much money they put into bb10 it's not feasible they will just nix it overnight
    04-27-16 07:06 AM
    With all of their lukewarm efforts towards branding, I see BB going the way of Nokia. It will be well deserved. It pains me to say that but it seems that BB has no game plan to be competitive. They need to be a bit more Trump like (not trying to be political, just and example) in their efforts to grab market share. Oh that's right, they don't want to increase market share. That's what their efforts are telling me. Please convince me otherwise.
    I've been a BB user since the 5810.

Posted via CB10
    Nokia was a phone manufacturer. Blackberry makes phones but is primarily interested in the enterprise mobility software market. Blackberry's handset division may disappear, but it won't look like Nokia in any other respect.

Posted via CB10
    04-27-16 09:15 AM
    Nokia was a phone manufacturer. Blackberry makes phones but is primarily interested in the enterprise mobility software market. Blackberry's handset division may disappear, but it won't look like Nokia in any other respect.

Posted via CB10

http://company.nokia.com/sites/defau...ts_2015_q4.pdf

I agree, little chance of BlackBerry looking like Nokia any time soon. They make more in one quarter than BlackBerry does in a year, and are projecting pretty strong growth.
    04-27-16 09:27 AM
    After BlackBerry jumped into Android OS with the Priv

I want from BlackBerry to get rid of anything related to Android on BB10 or make a new OS that's it pure from BlackBerry

I Want to buy a BlackBerry Passport SE but I am afraid of the future of BB10
    At the end of the day you can use the Passport indefinitely. Even if they stop making BB10 phones it doesn't mean your Passport will stop working.

Personally I love the Priv. Don't miss BB10 at all.

Posted via BlackBerry PRIV
    04-27-16 09:32 AM
    I'd add that the browser, like all web browsers, needs to be regularly updated, and there are no signs that that's going to happen. I'm finding browser performance on my Passport less satisfying than it used to be.
    Speaking of BB10 apps needing updating... I read this thread as I just updated BlackBerry's Content Transfer app on my Classic...

Afraid of BlackBerry 10's future-img_20160427_175706.png

An ominous feeling crept up over me as I pondered why, of all the apps that would definitely benefit greatly from an update, would they go there first...? Preparing for a mass exodus perhaps? Or poorly executed prioritizing? Either/or, it was not a very flattering find... Still love my BB10 and Classic, I just no longer believe BlackBerry does despite Chen's empty protests... Just a little OS update would show a lot of love... Browser update alone would be magic... One can only hope and dream...

Posted via CB10
    04-27-16 05:19 PM
    [INFO]Let's not stray into a political discussion, please & thank-you.[/INFO]
    04-27-16 06:11 PM
    I am as much a fan of BB10 as anyone, but it's starting to show its age, especially w.r.t. the native browser, which used to be among the best on any mobile platform... but because it's not getting any further development, what's happening is that more and more mainstream websites are using more and more tracking code and complex JS libraries and the browser is not able to render a lot of pages properly, or crashes to the home screen.

It's fine for the apps you have to keep working, but if the gateway app for mobile devices (the conduit upon which a lot of other apps rely) is the device's / OS's ability to render modern Web-code content (HTML5, Javascript, CSS), then BB10 is already on a downward spiral.

If John Chen wasn't a huge liar (sorry, but saying you "support" something but meaning that you aren't going to make it STOP working as is) then he'd be investing a lot of developer resources in keeping the BB10 Web browser up to date, including a slew of stability fixes and implementation of better memory management and the ability to better control what all these javascript trackers and other libraries are doing (that do very little in support of the actual content in the Browser.)

Seriously. if you are buying a new BB10 device today, you really REALLY have to keep your expectations realistic. The ability of the device will continue to decline as the world moves past its current capabilities.
    04-27-16 06:31 PM
47 12