Will be selling my BB soon.

Never sold a phone before. I know how to wipe.

I know that will clear apps and personal settings.

Should I also remove the SIM card? It's a Storm 1 and so I'm not sure if the SIM stores any info since it's always been used on VZ. (Sorry for the noob question.)

Finally, is it worth it to unlock before posting for sale? Looks like unlocking would cost about $15 - $20. Not sure if it's worth it.

Suggestions?

Thank you.
    09-10-10 04:16 PM
    Be sure to remove it from your account including your BIS.

If you have never activated the SIM card, then just leave it in there.

If the device is still active on your account at this time and if your account qualifies, Verizon will probably give you the unlock code for free.
    09-10-10 05:23 PM
    You shouldn't have to pay to have it unlocked.. By doing so you will increase the value of your fone. I personally think this is a good idea you also want to include as many of the original accessories as possible...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-11-10 07:01 AM
    I am listing my 8330 for sale because I have a new 9650. I am wiping, taking pictures of everything and including every accessory in the sale.

The one thing I would add to what everyone else said is be sure to format the removable storage card. A wipe doesn't affect the card, anything stored will still be there. Which is mostly pictures, MP3's etc.
    09-11-10 12:07 PM
    Will be selling my BB soon.

Never sold a phone before. I know how to wipe.

I know that will clear apps and personal settings.

Should I also remove the SIM card? It's a Storm 1 and so I'm not sure if the SIM stores any info since it's always been used on VZ. (Sorry for the noob question.)

Finally, is it worth it to unlock before posting for sale? Looks like unlocking would cost about $15 - $20. Not sure if it's worth it.

Suggestions?

Thank you.
    Unlocked devices always yield a higher resale value.
    09-12-10 01:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD