I just found out that Fido is also offering BB10 - was surprised since they usually are several years behind offering newest tech. Anyway, I'm currently on Fido but thought of switching to Rogers because I wasn't expecting them to offer BB10. Now that they are, I would like advice from those who are more familiar with Rogers or Fido. Which of the 2 carriers is better? Which will offer me better use of my Z10? I am researching the plans each provider is offering but I would also like to hear of people's experience, especially with Rogers, since I've never been with Rogers before. Thanks in advance.
    01-21-13 10:54 AM
    Rogers owns Fido.
    01-21-13 11:06 AM
    That $57/month promo plan from Fido is worth switching to Fido for. If it is still on when BB10 releases.
    01-21-13 11:10 AM
    It's the after promo price that one needs to look at.... also, it depends on how long you're with any carrier... You can get some pretty decent retention rates when threatening to leave for someone else.
    01-21-13 12:08 PM
    I'd recommend Fido simply because of that $57 dollar plan, as well as the possibility that they may offer the Z10 on a two year contract.
    01-21-13 12:08 PM
    Yes, the $57 plan and the 2-yr contract looks very tempting but that depends if I can still get that plan when the Z10 comes out - and for how much. I don't think Fido has any plans on offering NFC usage right now, which is a bit disappointing since I'd like to try that out.
    01-21-13 12:36 PM
    Rogers is better but it costs more.
    KDB84 likes this.
    01-21-13 12:36 PM
    I'm currently on Rogers and am counting the days until I can switch to Fido just for that $57 plan. Even if they don't 'officially' offer it anymore, I'm sure some other promo that's just as good will be available. If not, I can always use that promo to convince Rogers to match it, or else I'll leave once my contract expires. That promo looked even better right before Christmas too - it was $1 cheaper, and they added in an extra 1 GB of data (2GB total).

Fido and Rogers use the same LTE so coverage should be equally good regardless of which carrier you have.

The new Rogers plans are ridiculous. $65 for only 1GB of data, and that doesn't even include Caller ID or voicemail?!! Are you kidding me??!!

WIND's unlimited call/text/data plan for $40 is the best deal out there (includes VM and Caller ID), but it's too bad their coverage sucks.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    01-21-13 12:38 PM
    I'm currently on Rogers and am counting the days until I can switch to Fido just for that $57 plan. Even if they don't 'officially' offer it anymore, I'm sure some other promo that's just as good will be available. If not, I can always use that promo to convince Rogers to match it, or else I'll leave once my contract expires. That promo looked even better right before Christmas too - it was $1 cheaper, and they added in an extra 1 GB of data (2GB total).

Fido and Rogers use the same LTE so coverage should be equally good regardless of which carrier you have.

The new Rogers plans are ridiculous. $65 for only 1GB of data, and that doesn't even include Caller ID or voicemail?!! Are you kidding me??!!

WIND's unlimited call/text/data plan for $40 is the best deal out there (includes VM and Caller ID), but it's too bad their coverage sucks.

What happened to their 6GB for 60 plan? That's more expensive and doesn't offer as much as the other plan.
    01-21-13 12:52 PM
    What happened to their 6GB for 60 plan? That's more expensive and doesn't offer as much as the other plan.
    Not sure. I heard rumors that if you're a long-time customer and you ask for it when renewing a contract they'll give it to you. Otherwise, I think you missed the boat.

01-21-13 12:58 PM
    Not sure. I heard rumors that if you're a long-time customer and you ask for it when renewing a contract they'll give it to you. Otherwise, I think you missed the boat.

I have the same plan with Bell, with a little bit extra for staying. Too bad, guess I will have to check and see if Bell and Telus still offer the plan.
    01-21-13 01:00 PM
    The $57 plan is still official, as in, it's still on the website.
    01-21-13 01:02 PM
    I'm currently on Rogers for $60/mo including MY10 Canada Wide, 6G LTE Data, unlimited (local) early evening and weekends starting at 6pm, 250 (local) anytime minutes. . . . even though it's not offered anymore, I got this same plan for my Fiancee by calling customer service. . .
    01-21-13 01:03 PM

Yeah, missed that 2GB upgrade promo because I'm waiting for the Z10.

About the $65 dollar plan, I saw they have one at $58 for 5GB...I'm confused. Why would the smaller 1GB costs more than the 5GB?
    01-21-13 01:05 PM
    Where do you see 5GB for $58???

I know that their new plans have unlimited talk/text, but they rip you off in terms of data.

@KDB84: That's a pretty sweet plan! Does it include VM and caller ID?
    01-21-13 02:24 PM
    Where do you see 5GB for $58???

I know that their new plans have unlimited talk/text, but they rip you off in terms of data.

@KDB84: That's a pretty sweet plan! Does it include VM and caller ID?
    On their website under Individual Plan (there's also $53 plan for 1 GB but I think that's not over LTE). Although you still have to add voicemail and caller ID but when I put together a quick packaging deal between Fido and Rogers with that $58 plan, comes out that I'll only be paying about $7 more (but I do get 4 GB more data with Rogers). Also, the Rogers plan includes a My10 Canada-wide talk/text (the talk is the important feature for me - although I wonder if that will be as important now that both my family and I will be getting BB10. We could do that free over BBM voice/video).

I've also heard people having issues with Rogers service, like getting some of their fees hiked for no apparent reason or forewarning. Has anyone encountered problems with Rogers service?
    01-21-13 02:57 PM
    Rogers will match Fido's deal if you call their 'Retention dept'. Worked for me at least!
    01-30-13 08:54 PM