Has anyone ever heard of the VM indicator staying on when there is no VM (new or otherwise)??

I noticed my Tour shows that there is new voicemail, but when I check, there is none! The mailbox is Empty!

Now, I did have a prepaid TMobile SIM in there when I was in the US to cut on roaming charges. COuld that SIM somehow have done it? I never set up VM with it... just used it for voice calls.

Now I have the original Telus roaming SIM back in there... reset the phone, and STILL have a VM indicator!

How do I clear this thing??
    10-23-09 08:31 PM
    I have always called my phone from another number, left a quick VM. then went to check it, be sure to listen to it entirely and then delete, then the icon tends to disappear...
    10-23-09 08:32 PM
    If the above does not fix it you can call your serv provider and they can reset the MWI , message waiting indicator, that usually does the trick
    10-23-09 08:44 PM
    Also, the persistant unread message icon can be caused by database corruption.

Backup your device first and then use desktop manager's advanced backup and restore to clear the "messages" database. This usually takes care of that. This can happen for indicators for unread SMS, MMS, email, and voicemails.

Open desktop manager and go to Backup and Restore and then Advanced. You'll see the device databases on the right. You can select individual ones and clear them.
    10-23-09 08:55 PM
    I tried drm2blv's suggestion... didn't work. So I put the TMOB SIM back in, and switched back to GSM. With only literally a couple mins left on the card, I was able to call the VM - after looking up how to do so lol - and even though I never set a password in the first place and couldn't get in to listen to anything, just calling the number somehow cleared it.

So problem solved lol. TMOB card is now dead, and I put the Telus roaming one back in for now.
    10-23-09 08:55 PM
    hmm. very odd, but hey, atleast it is gone now!!!

10-23-09 09:02 PM
    If this ever happens again to you or anyone else that reads this forum post, try LEDreset. It is a lightweight app that Will clear any stuck led lights..... It is available for free OTA at the following URL.
    ota.rimgeeks.com/ledreset/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-23-09 09:18 PM
    If this ever happens again to you or anyone else that reads this forum post, try LEDreset. It is a lightweight app that Will clear any stuck led lights..... It is available for free OTA at the following URL.
    ota.rimgeeks.com/ledreset/

Will take a look but it wasnt the led that was stuck... it was the little indicator in the banner that was stuck on. Ya know the little icon that looks like a reel to reel tape
    10-23-09 09:22 PM
    Will take a look but it wasnt the led that was stuck... it was the little indicator in the banner that was stuck on. Ya know the little icon that looks like a reel to reel tape
    Oh I'm sorry I misunderstood but the app is good nonetheless

10-23-09 09:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD