Greetings all,

My recent career shift has prompted me to look into buying a BB for business use. I've never owned one before and have found the reviews and suggestions to be overwhelming with info, making it a difficult decision. I am seeking any help regarding which BB anyone may recommend for the following use/s:

1. Email: Gmail(personal) and outlook(work email)
    2. High quality camera (images of docs would be sent and need to be clear enough to read in email)
    3. WiFi capability
    4. Long battery life
    5. Good screen resolution (easy to see when sunny out)
    6. Easy navigation

I have a bad habit of putting my current phone in my pocket without locking it, and will inadvertently make a call or save a contact. This is because, like most BB, it has a thumb scroll on the center of the phone. This isn't a make or break for me, but I have looked into the BB style because its a flip. Another consideration is the learning curve. I would ideally like one that wouldn't require days of acclamation and reading manuals for apps. Of course, a sharp look doesn't hurt. Price isn't so important, so long as it gets the job done.

Hope this gives a general idea. Appreciate the help!

Happy Cracking!
    07-12-11 10:10 PM
    if now,then get a reliable curve like 8900 or 8310.
    07-12-11 10:16 PM
    9800 torch. you will love it.
    07-12-11 10:49 PM
    Buy a sleeve and lock the screen and get a damn Torch! It does all the important stuff really well while still able to hold its own against the media driven handhelds. Touchscreen, trackpad, QWERTY keyboard FTW!
    07-12-11 10:50 PM
    What carrier are you on?
    07-12-11 10:56 PM
    Awesome, thanks for the input, @California Blackberry: I currently have sprint, but my reception is poor for my area (orlando, fl) so I am open to ATT, and verizon as well.
    07-13-11 12:51 PM
    PS. Good shout on the Torch, that was the one I was leaning towards. I know the curve has a great rep though. Think I would be fine either way?
    07-13-11 12:53 PM
    PS. Good shout on the Torch, that was the one I was leaning towards. I know the curve has a great rep though. Think I would be fine either way?
    I would stay away from the Curve, but that's just me. I'd rather shave my head with a cheese grater than stay with a Curve. If there is a problem to have with a Curve, rest assured, I've had it. IMO, they're cheap phones and all of mine gave me nothing but heartache and problems. Bad chargers, bad keyboards, no speaker, no sound, wouldn't turn on, kept crashing. You name it.

I also know that there are a lot of people here who have Curves and love them. Again, to each, his own.

The Bold line is an excellent business tool. Most of the execs here at work (Including mine) have Bolds. I personally have a Storm2 and LOVE my phone.

What you need to do is go to a store, Verizon for instance, and check out what they have to offer. Play with each phone. Ask the reps what they think but be prepared, if they're like most, they'll try to shift you towards Droid or iGroans.

If you swap to Verizon, let me know. Verizion has an awesome cash referral program.
    07-13-11 01:10 PM
    @California Blackberry: I currently have sprint, but my reception is poor for my area (orlando, fl) so I am open to ATT, and verizon as well.
    My advice would be to look at which carrier has the best service in your area, then choose a device.
    07-13-11 03:51 PM
    Greetings all,

My recent career shift has prompted me to look into buying a BB for business use. I've never owned one before and have found the reviews and suggestions to be overwhelming with info, making it a difficult decision. I am seeking any help regarding which BB anyone may recommend for the following use/s:

1. Email: Gmail(personal) and outlook(work email)
    Gmail integrates beautifully with most Berry's, there is even an official add-on which allows for many of the features of native Gmail to be available to your handheld.

BlackBerry - Enhanced Gmail� Plug-In

As for Outlook and your work email - I'm not sure if you have an IT department at work, or maybe just an IT guy, but speak to them about setting up your berry with work email, as they will probably need to assist you with Exchange Server credentials, or whatever email backend you happen to be using.

I would maybe speak to the IT dept. before you buy it and see what he/she/they have to say about it.
    07-13-11 04:03 PM
    I would wait till the new phones drop in the 9900-9930. Only looking at another month or so.

If not and going to Big Red, will more than likely get a 9650, while nice is quite a bit behind what is coming out.

Att has the Torch, which is nice and I still love my 9700, so could get a 9780 and they should make you happy.

I personally would wait it out though. Good luck!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    austriker likes this.
    07-13-11 04:15 PM
    I would wait till the new phones drop in the 9900-9930. Only looking at another month or so.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    We hope it's another month or so. These devices have been rumored since well before Christmas. Knowing RIM, it'll be sometime around Thanksgiving before any of them drop.
    07-13-11 04:27 PM
    Hold out for the 9900/9930. They should be sick and will a long time especially compared to the BB on the market now that have been there for awhile
    07-13-11 08:28 PM
    Right, everyone is saying hold out for the new devices. In fact check out those threads that contain Videos, Specs, and featured reviews. Some people already have 9900 and they have given really great feedback. You won't be disappointed.

My contract on the Torch is not up until next year August 23rd to be exact, so here's looking forward to the QNX!
    07-13-11 10:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD