I always loved the Blackberry Curve and other models that have the trackball, I loved how easy it was to copy and paste email text, with the trackball and just loved the keyboard in general.

I have had an iPhone 6+ for a couple of years now and have hated it since day one, ESPECIALLY the touch screen! I am very apple un-tech savvy and don't use any apps except for Facebook occasionally.

I need my phone for work - calls, texts, emails, etc. No need for apps or snapchat filters or any other silly things. Did I mention that I hate touchscreens?

Recently I discovered that a crazy ex boyfriend has been connected into my Apple ID, and was using his iPad remotely to get into my iCloud email which allowed him access into iMessage. Needless to say, my entire digital world was compromised - social media, gmail email accounts, location history, browser history, photos, messages, call history, contacts, you get the idea. I have spent hours on the phone with Apple, hired lawyers, had a forensic tech guy do a dump on my iPhone.

After handing over my iPhone to the tech guy, I decided to finally activate a Sprint Q10 that's been sitting in a box. I love it, but would like something with a bigger keyboard and also trackball or track pad. I am not married to Sprint and will gladly go with another plan and carrier if it means better options for a phone.

With all of that being said, I would like some advice as to which BB phone would work best for me -

Don't care about any apps or fancy cameras
    Don't want to be forced to open a million new accounts and sync everything as Apple forces you to do.
    Want to be as off the grid as possible (see above crazy ex story) but still be functional.
    I HATE how Apple links everything, so that once someone gets in they have full access.

Any thoughts or suggestions?
    weirdalfan95 likes this.
    10-26-17 07:01 PM
    Sounds like you might like a BlackBerry Classic, it's bigger than the Q10 and has a trackpad.
    10-26-17 07:19 PM
    This is why you NEVER EVER let a spouse or jelly EX have passwords, (even when things are good ) nothing good ever comes from it. You cannot blame Apple for that. It's also always a good idea to change the Apple ID every few months.

Coming from a weenie wittle iPhone 5C with a 4 inch screen, the 7 is massively better to type on. That extra screen size makes a BIG difference where I can tolerate it much much more and with fewer mistakes. Of course nothing is better than my 9900 for perfect form factor.
    10-26-17 07:22 PM
    get a flip phone.... or a classic/passport if you still want some stuff...
    anon(8679041) likes this.
    10-26-17 07:27 PM
    I love it, but would like something with a bigger keyboard and also trackball or track pad. I am not married to Sprint and will gladly go with another plan and carrier if it means better options for a phone.

With all of that being said, I would like some advice as to which BB phone would work best for me -

Based on your criteria -- bigger keyboard than the Q10 and a trackball or trackpad -- the only BlackBerry that fits the bill is the Classic.

I don't know if there is a Sprint compatible CDMA version,but I have this hazy recollection that the Q10 was probably the last BlackBerry 10 device on Sprint. So you'd probably have to switch carriers.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-17 07:39 PM
    I would also go with the Classic, sounds like it would work well for you.
    10-26-17 07:49 PM
    Shuswap is correct... there is no Sprint classic... only vz.... Missed it the first time. Q10 is it for you or go Google with Sprint KeyOne.
    10-26-17 11:29 PM
    Go with the Classic. It will do everything you need exceptionally well. Use FB through the browser with zero issues.
    JoannaDanielle and rayporsche like this.
    10-26-17 11:57 PM
    You guys are awesome, thank you so much!

Like I said, the off the grid element is of huge importance to me. Since I've been using this little Q10 for the past several days, I already feel like a weight has been lifted since I've cut myself off from all of my Apple accounts.
    ColinsCity likes this.
    10-27-17 08:26 AM
    If you love the Q10, you would absolutely LOVE the Classic... the trackpad makes editing and selecting text sublime.
    rayporsche and anon(8679041) like this.
    10-27-17 08:31 AM
    I have an old Star-Tac. I loved that phone. But doesn't the Q10 work? That would really seem like it meets your needs.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by GadgetTravel; 10-27-17 at 11:44 AM.
    10-27-17 11:11 AM
    Don't forget the real off the grid element is the removable battery.

That's why secusmart apparently do Z10, Q10 for BlackBerrys

Posted via CB10
    Tim-ANC likes this.
    10-28-17 05:20 AM