01-13-12 10:38 PM
32 12
tools
    Right, torch is the best device to type with one hand. big screen too
    Actually, the Bold screen is just a teensy bit smaller than the Torch. The Bold is a pretty wide phone... compare them side by side.

I was all set to replace my Storm 2 with a Torch until I read the specs and played with the keyboard on the Bold. Add to that the fact that at the Costco wireless kiosk the Bold only cost me $129 (Verizon store had me at an upgrade at $199) and the deal was made. Granted, the Torch at Costco was even cheaper (I think $99) but the Bold is a more powerful phone. Hey, I even have accessories for the Torch, I was so ready to get one. But no surepress on a virtual keyboard that takes up a lot of that touch screen real estate convinced me to go back to the blackberry form factor I first fell in love with.
    01-03-12 11:26 AM
    Either way they have to get the torch name out there..Everyone is going for the all touch phones. BB needs to get their all touch phone marketed properly.. This could save a lot of people from switching over. They get an all touch phone and get to keep their bbm.
    01-03-12 11:30 AM
    IMO they should not have called it the torch touch. It gets confused with the original torch(9800/9810), RIM should have just called it the Blackberry touch.
    The 9850/9860 are models in the "Torch" line. Not unlike the Bold or the curve. I think its a smart line at that. It has the super specs, slick lines and prices that won't break the bank. A home run if ask me. I think we need to give os7 alittle credit too.
    01-03-12 10:27 PM
    I was leaning towards the torch cause its a sexy phone, I think they have to start on this advertising campaign with them. OS7 is fine, every phone lags and has its moments of quickness or slowness. I was out with my buddy who has an ip4 and he was taking forever to load facebook photos to show me, the other day, and I had already logged in twice on my 9780.
    01-04-12 12:26 PM
    I think the Torch name is a little confusing/overused, seeing as they have 2 models with the same name, and the only thing the helps tell them apart are the model numbers, but Blackberry has waayyyy too many model numbers already.

War Is All We Know
    True, but as long as they get the name out there and make more people aware of its existence, thats the key...
    01-04-12 01:52 PM
    I use the Monza name because I don't want people to think I have the slider Torch. Using the name Torch Touch really doesn't change anything because even the slider has a touch screen. They should have named the phone something else. It is a great phone.
    01-04-12 02:06 PM
    Something they can do when they unveil the new line up.
    01-13-12 10:38 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD