How much would you pay for a browser that would offer you an ads free, clean browsing experience? Is that even possible?

I would gladly pay up to 25 for such a browser that I imagine it would be a lot faster and would use far less data.

What about you guys?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-01-11 08:37 AM
    Don't think that is possible since the ads we don't like are usually generated by the owners of the webpage we are visiting. There's huge money in annoying people! Haha

04-01-11 09:47 AM
    Maybe someone can come up with something like adblock plus for firefox.
    04-01-11 10:07 AM
    Carriers should offer this to free up their network a bit, also we're basically paying for websites to show ads and make money out of us.
    I wonder how much mobile data is being wasted on ads daily around the world.

04-01-11 10:22 AM
    It's those annoying ads that help support the website you are visiting. Without these ads, some website would not be able to stay around.

It takes money to operate a website. Ads provide the money needed. Just like the TV ads help pay for the programs you are watching.
    howarmat likes this.
    04-01-11 10:27 AM
    It's those annoying ads that help support the website you are visiting. Without these ads, some website would not be able to stay around.

It takes money to operate a website. Ads provide the money needed. Just like the TV ads help pay for the programs you are watching.
    In this case any commercial website should not have any ads as they make money from their sales.
    Either way, I would like to have a choice.

04-01-11 10:30 AM
    That would NEVER happen, that's like the equivalent of telling the tv networks not to show commercials bc we pay for cable. Nice dream but not ever gonna happen.

04-01-11 11:44 AM
    I think that ads are what cause the webkit browser in OS 6 to spontaneously crash every now and then. I'm thinking that it's because image and javascript heavy ads overload the BB's limited amount of ram and RIM hasn't figured out a way to properly manage this yet. I hope RIM gets their act together and fixes this soon.

Otherwise, yes, I would like to see some kind of app or plugin that blocks ads, a-la Adblock Plus for Firefox, too!
    04-01-11 08:18 PM
    Go to download Dolphin Browser HD v5.0, Google ads just are removed from the browser! One can browse freely in Dolphin Browser HD without any disturbance of any Google ads. And most of all, it is FREE.
    06-02-11 03:50 AM
    Go to download Dolphin Browser HD v5.0, Google ads just are removed from the browser! One can browse freely in Dolphin Browser HD without any disturbance of any Google ads. And most of all, it is FREE.
    I don't think they do one for blackberry.

06-02-11 05:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD