Quite often people crash after a big rush of adrenaline or other stimulants such as Red Bull and the like. People who were buzzed higher than a kite, worked up to the point of not being able to sleep, totally anticipating the "big" event or whatever, often suffer depression, anger, a sense of rejection once the big day comes. So did that happen to you in the last 24 hours? It seems some people felt betrayed, let down. Some say they are turning their backs on BlackBerry and "can't wait" for phone availability a few weeks away so they are tempted to go elsewhere. I know how that feels because I felt a bit of that myself.

But I am now coming back down to earth. I am breathing better and the heart rate is down. Now, I see this launch as the beginning of something. I no longer feel betrayed or abandoned. I look forward to my new device, the PlayBook update and even more, what comes after it. Call it sober second thinking but I am back to where I was days before the launch - supporting my BlackBerry experience.

Having said that, wow that was a rush!
    SK122387 likes this.
    01-31-13 12:03 AM
    I agree with your post! I felt like a Kid at Christmas (excited before the launch, and somewhat deflated afterwards, when I got good gifts, but not exactly what I wanted) Now I am analyzing my phone needs more logically, and the BlackBerry is still in the running....even without the emotion.
    jsmenard1 likes this.
    01-31-13 03:24 AM
    I was really excited yesterday.
    Now I see I won't be able to get my white Z10 at all because I'm on AT&T and the white is exclusive to VZW. I'm also wondering how I can have a BB without instant email as I have on my 9900. And I'm thinking that they priced me out of getting it off contract, since I always said I won't pay over 550. Profiles have changed also, and that is a huge deal and a huge positive for me on my BB.
    Major crash from yesterday morning.
    Then comes the realisation that this phone will be released in March in the US and will go right up against the SG4.

Good luck with that.
    01-31-13 03:33 AM
    What goes up must come down.

I think most tech enthusiasts want everything RIGHT NOW. We can't help it. We see something we want and we can't help but say, "Just take my money already!"
    m1a1mg and cheadley1 like this.
    01-31-13 10:41 AM
    I was really excited yesterday.
    Now I see I won't be able to get my white Z10 at all because I'm on AT&T and the white is exclusive to VZW. I'm also wondering how I can have a BB without instant email as I have on my 9900. And I'm thinking that they priced me out of getting it off contract, since I always said I won't pay over 550. Profiles have changed also, and that is a huge deal and a huge positive for me on my BB.
    Major crash from yesterday morning.
    Then comes the realisation that this phone will be released in March in the US and will go right up against the SG4.

Good luck with that.
    The new BB10 phones have instant push email. Even for gmail users, it's called imap push.

Also the off contract price on AT&T hasn't been announced yet, so how do you know it's going to be more than $550? The HTC One X was priced $650 off contract, but through AT&T it was priced at $529.
    01-31-13 10:47 AM
    Emotions were all over the place yesterday...my expectations might have been too high and I might have been expecting too much from a first run OS launch...since it was RIM (Blackberry) it just seemed like it should have been bigger and flashier...but once again even thought Blackberry is established, the OS is not...

Also, I think the Crack staff at Crackberry.com does such a great job keeping us up to date on all the latest news, there wasn't much new to us...

Gonna be a long wait, and reading all the posts about how great the phone is will just make it longer..(It might even seem longer than the wait leading up to launch)
    01-31-13 11:27 AM
    I found the whole thing to be nothing more than than the Blackberry Jam America info shown again, and then the kick in the gut of finding out I'm not even going to be able to buy the phone until almost April (T-Mo leaked roadmap is March 27th). Very disappointing. The GS4 launch shortly after is going to make the pricing on this phone look horrible. Will probably be cutting back on my CrackBerry time as their is no point having to look at articles and posts on a device RIM won't release to US carriers till March.
    01-31-13 07:13 PM
    lol yeah I see what your saying. I wouldn't say I'm depressed or angry though.

I was generally happy with what they showed at the presentation, and I am excited. But it's hard to be surprised by anything when I'm on this site everyday, I had seen all the leaks, so it wasn't as exciting as it could have been. And I found today I was desperately trying to stay high on BB10 news but CrackBerry could not post enough fast enough lol I always want MORE.
    01-31-13 09:21 PM
    We didn't see the "punch out" that Thor promised just a few days ago. Instead we saw what we were shown last year.
    01-31-13 11:33 PM
    I was one of the few that were up all night on crackberry the night before the launch. My adrenaline has never been higher!!!!!!!! Getting my z10 next week!!!! Rogers shipped it a few hours ago!!
    Masahiro likes this.
    01-31-13 11:47 PM
    The wait blows, but then to read on the Wall Street Journal that T-Mobile "has no immediate plans" to carry the Q10, when both Verizon Wireless and at&t said they would...that was a huge slap in the face.

I've already scoped out the plans on at&t, to take both of my lines. I'm loyal to/obsessed with BlackBerry, not to T-Mobile. I've had them for like 8 years, but I'd actually be paying a little less on at&t, AND would be able to get the Q10. I was really excited yesterday morning, and the night before I could barely sleep. I hope BlackBerry releases an update so people can customize their profiles and get better battery life. If the Z10 launches in late March on at&t and the Q10 just a week later, I seriously might just wait for the Q10.

Had the Z10 been available on T-Mobile next week, I would have bought it, and then paid full retail for the Q10. But seeing as neither of those things are happening, I've gotta make other arrangements to get what I want.
    01-31-13 11:55 PM
    Even though I wasn't expecting to see the Z10 on Tmobile before March 27 anyway, now that the adrenaline hangover has subsided and actual information is trickling in, I'm glad for the opportunity to think things through.

I've been using a Samsung Galaxy Blaze 4G since last July, and mostly I've been happy with it. I like Swype a lot, and don't miss qwerty. I like having full-featured Kindle and Audible apps, which I use daily. I like Google Maps. I like PodKicker and various other apps. The Astro file manager is fully integrated with DropBox and Box. I get decent battery life, on par with my 9900. In fact, my only complaints are (1) the phone is unreliable for actual phone calls; I sometimes get no audio; (2) the so-called "external" memory, which is really internal, is limited, and it's a pain to get the system to use the actual external SD card for app and app data storage. Those two complaints are apparently specific to the particular mid-range phone that I have, not to Android in general.

So now, as I think about going forward, it's clear that I need a better phone but it's not clear whether it should be BB10 or a better Android phone. I gather that Kindle isn't actually in BB World yet, but is "committed". I'm a bit leery of that, since Kindle was announced for PlayBook but never made it. Sideloading is a possibility, but it remains to be seen how well that will work with any particular app. As far as I know, there's no news about Audible, so again it might come down to sideloading. I was fine with BB Traffic on my 9900, so Google Maps is no dealbreaker, and there's Poynt for local search. The loss of data compression is an issue. I have Opera Mobile as default browser on my Blaze, but I don't think I'll be able to do this in BB10, so web browsing data consumption will go up. The loss of fine-grained notification options in BB10 is regrettable, but I've been dealing with a similar level of notifications on Android for a while now, and I'm used to it.

In short, maybe it's a good thing to have a little time to see how things develop for a month or so, instead of pouncing on BB10 right away.
    02-01-13 10:20 AM