Hi - do you guys know if it's possible for work administrators to view texts, websites and personal email on an iphone like can be done on a blackberry if the BB is set up with BES? My work just began supporting iPhones and I'm curious to find out whether this is the case. I'm not sure if it matters but I assume it would be set up on ActiveSync.

Thanks in advance
    03-04-10 12:42 PM
    Yes. They will use liability exposure as the justification, but every byte of data you send/receive belongs to them and will be archived forever.
    03-04-10 01:25 PM
    Thanks for the response, Reed. Would it matter that this wouldn't be a company provided phone. Here's the situation: I would buy and pay for it, activate it, they would set it up for work email and I would have the data portion of my bill reimbursed.

Thanks again.
    03-04-10 02:14 PM
    Servers do two things, they log events and save data.

The event logs and saved data are archived so they can be produced in compliance with court orders. Failing to do that would leave them liable.
    03-04-10 02:37 PM
    I don't think they will be able to view your text messages or websites. Just like the previous poster stated just what goes through your company servers.
    03-04-10 07:48 PM
    Might not be so on an iPhone, but I guess it really is ona BlackBerry running on BES.
    03-04-10 08:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD