so here in wisconsin we got some goofy addresses. they are like n000w00000 special dr something wi53000 ok i realize thats not a real address due to all the 0's but you get the picture. is there a way to get my bb curve 8500 to regonize those addresses or does anyone know of a good turn by turn gps app to download that does that. thanks in advance i'm new to the bb world
    02-09-10 09:04 PM
    If those are the addresses the Post Office uses, any mapping app should find them. Garmin Mobile is a turn by turn GPS app with a free trial. You can download it from Garmin's website.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-09-10 09:30 PM
    so here in wisconsin we got some goofy addresses. they are like n000w00000 special dr something wi53000 ok i realize thats not a real address due to all the 0's but you get the picture. is there a way to get my bb curve 8500 to regonize those addresses or does anyone know of a good turn by turn gps app to download that does that. thanks in advance i'm new to the bb world
    Some navigation apps offer "Mark GPS location" so you can mark the GPS location then use it for mapping and navigation.

We never tested our app LifeInPocket in your area but we are interested in finding out if it would work in "goofy addresses" area. May be you can give it a try then get back to us.

OTA link for BlackBerry browser download http://lifeinpocket.com/html/dlip.jad
    02-14-10 08:45 PM
    hey i am downloading your app as we speak and i'll give it a shot and let you know how it works. does it do turn by turn like my tomtom gps does?
    02-14-10 09:19 PM
    sorry your app doesn't understand that kind of address so i'm taking it off my phone but thanks for the suggestion
    02-14-10 09:53 PM
    sorry your app doesn't understand that kind of address so i'm taking it off my phone but thanks for the suggestion
    I know non of the app can understand this strange address format and we don't even bother to try.

What we suggested was to use the "Mark GPS/Parking feature by following below steps,

LifeInPocket Home > Mark(Icon)> Mark Parking/Current Location (name it home)

Then,

Mark > Previous Marked Location > Home

The try both "Map It" and "Take Me There" and see what happens.
    02-15-10 10:36 AM
    I'm still curious. Are those postal addresses?
    02-15-10 10:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD