Hello,

I just upgraded from a Pearl to a 9700 Bold and I am quite happy so far. The only thing that still could be better is the ability to manage the address book.

I use Outlook at work and Thunderbird at home. Both their address management tools are awful in my opinion. My favorite used to be the old Palm OS with Palm Desktop software. Well, for reasons I never understood that went away.

I am still looking for an alternative to that, online or local or both, with a similar feel to it - and it should of course easily sync with my Bold. And with that I mean not just "easy" as in Outlook-easy, but something that actually keeps my contact and phone numbers the way they were entered. This is especially tricky with stored numbers that entail the letter "p" for pause.

Any suggestions? Free would be nice but I would pay a little if it was really good.

Thanks.
    10-24-10 08:24 PM
    There isn't one.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-24-10 09:54 PM
    you should be able to do a find\replace to eliminate the P and switch it to the standard ",". That will make your life easier in the future.
    10-27-10 10:17 AM
    There isn't one.

+100000
    I am always looking. Contact management is my biggest complaint with software available.

Outlook meets my needs the closest. But it took me many many many hours setting up groups for organization and still it isn't even close to what I want

10-27-10 11:05 AM
    I used to like the Palm Address Book too, but that was years ago. I've tried the Outlook with varying successes but now I'm using Google Apps Email and Contacts with Google Sync. After a few crash and burns, several wipe and start overs, it finally seems to behaving well. Groups are a piece of cake.
    10-27-10 01:24 PM
    Google has worked well for me, i used to use google sync but with the new bis it seems to connect flawlessly with contacts and calendar
    10-27-10 01:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD