I am looking for a program or app or instructions so I can use my NEW Bold 9700 and my PC to create and update on a regular basis the contacts and calendar. I dont really want to keep it online and I DONT have Outlook. I keep many of my contracts on an Excel spreadsheet but the home and student version of Office does not have outlook or access!

I tried to follow instructions to use backup and restore in the desktop manager but it seems the files are read only - I think I have the newest software and the instructions I found were for an older version.

So what I want to do is edit the calendar and contacts on my PC - entering and editing two hundred or more contacts with the little teeeny keyboard are going to get tedious.

Is there an easy program to use? Thanks
    05-14-10 09:46 PM
    Other than gmail, I don't know of anything like that. If you have a gmail account, you can sync contacts and calendar automatically through 2-way sync. That's the best I can do.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-16-10 06:08 AM
    Outlook express is free and can be sync with bb.
    05-16-10 07:12 AM
    Outlook Express does NOT have a Calendar.

To the OP, if you don't have Outlook, then as noted above, your option is Google Sync.
    05-16-10 07:18 AM
    I dont want to use Outlook Express as I use Firefox and Thundrbird. I dont want my contacts online beacsue I dont have their permission to store their "personal" data online. I have figured this out partially but cant figure out an error code that comes up when I try to sync. I have posted this on another thread.
    05-16-10 10:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD