We are having an issue since we migrated to BES 5.0. Since the upgrade, several users were not receiving updates to their address book and tasks. However they are still receving email and calendar updates. I have tried restarting the BES server. I also have tried just reactivating the users. I have tried deleting the user and adding/activating again. Nothing has resolved the issue. It also appears the activation does not complete when doing the re-registration. Looking up the activation status in the blackberry admin service, here is what it lists.

Policy Completed Service books accepted 06/01/2010 15:34

Email Completed Basic activation complete. Service book syncing follows 06/01/2010 15:34

Synchronization Ongoing Waiting for recognition of valid user activation response before continuing with processing. 06/01/2010 15:34

Also on the blackberry itself, it shows it is still doing the enterprise activation but it is hanging where it says the user has been enabled.

The only other clues I can find are in the application event logs on the BES server:

Event Type: Warning
    Event Source: BlackBerry Synchronization Service
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 26019
    Date: 6/1/2010
    Time: 3:46:19 PM
    User: N/A
    Computer: BLACKBERRY
    Description:
    [SYNC-Gate] Thread: *** No Response *** Thread Id=0xBA4, Handle=0x934, WaitCount=2, RIMSyncGate thread not responding, RIMSyncGate - Starting event check

Event Type: Information
    Event Source: BlackBerry Synchronization Service
    Event ID: 56003
    Time: 3:46:19 PM
    Description:
    [SYNC-Gate] Some worker threads have been blocked for 2 health checks.

Event Type: Information
    Event Source: DevMgmtConnector
    Event ID: 50006
    Time: 5:05:54 PM
    Description:
    All worker threads seem to be blocked (10)

Not sure what is going on but can't find anything on why these devices won't activate completely since the upgrade and why devices that are already activated won't sync their address books / tasks.

I have looked at KB13461 "activation process stops during the slow synchronization process"

I ran through each of them:

1.The synchronization service is running
    2.BES is accessible and SQL is running (and not logging errors)
    3.MSXML 4.0 SP2 is installed
    4.Content protection is disabled
    5.Both policies are not set so by default Disable Wireless Bulk Loads is Off, and Wireless Synchronization is on.
    6.This is the only blackberry currently trying to sync.
    7.I have deleted and undeleted the Desktop [SYNC] service book with no effect.
    8.I have not run handheld cleanup. These users all have mailboxes which have not moved or changed.
    Again all the issues appear to have started since the 5.0 upgrade.

Thanks in advance,

Shawn
    06-08-10 08:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD