I searched the forums before this question and found nothing, so I apoligize if it has already been answered. I just got my 8310 and really hate how when I open my address book it always goes back to the last number I called. I'm used to my old phones that start at the top of the list everytime it is opened. Can this be done on the BB or am I out of luck?
    05-29-09 02:24 PM
    I always just press "a" and then delete and it starts at the top again.
    05-29-09 02:32 PM
    When you go to your address book if you hit your menu button and then go to options they have the settings there. You can try and change it that way. To me though it sounds like it is going to your call log and not your address book.
    05-29-09 02:32 PM
    When you go to your address book if you hit your menu button and then go to options they have the settings there. You can try and change it that way. To me though it sounds like it is going to your call log and not your address book.

++1

I think its defaulting to your call log or your opening your call log..
    05-29-09 04:04 PM
    No, he is opening his address book, here's his problem tho (just tested this on my bold)

He is going into his address book and selecting a contact to call
    When he goes back to his address book it is always the last person he called because he is selecting the contact to call via address book
    The blackberries address book is designed to go to the last contact highlighted when you exited it, meaning even if you opened It up right now, scrolled down to John Doe without calling him, exited, went back. It will still be on John Doe

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-29-09 04:28 PM
    Exactly right. Just tested it on 8310 multiples and contacts. Always opens to the last person I looked up.

05-29-09 04:40 PM
    Thats what pretty much all BBs do, like all other applications in there, the contact book also goes back right where you left it. i usually just scroll back up before i close out or just type in 'a' or whatever contact letter you want like froever29 does..
    05-29-09 06:17 PM
    Well I always just type the first couple letters of the name I'm trying to call.. That usually gets it down to about 5 or 6 numbers and I just scroll to the one I want.. Pretty fast IMO..

05-29-09 09:55 PM
    If you want it to reset every time, you can turn Memory Cleaning on and make it clean every time the phone is idle for 1 minute...
    05-31-09 09:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD