Any reason my address book is duplicating entries 20 - 30 times for about 1/3 of my contacts? Completely random. Can't wait to move away from blackberry and their junky platform.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-04-11 12:12 PM
    Do you have VZW Backup Assistant or Google Sync installed? Thy tend to cause dupes.

09-04-11 12:14 PM
    Google Sync. It's the only way I can sync calendar's with my wife's Android phone. Had it for months and never a problem until recently. How do I fix it?

I'm going Android as soon as my contract is up and never coming back to Blackberry. RIM is stuck in the dark ages.
    09-04-11 12:59 PM
    This happened on my BlackBerry as well when I started to use Google Sync in preparation of my switch to Android.

I never found a way to solve the issue. It kept doubling up my contacts even when I deleted all the doubles.

When you switch to Android, do not use VZW Backup Assistant. All you need is to sign into Tue device with your gmail and all got contacts will appear, not doubled.

The contact backup and calendar sync on Android is much easier to use and less buggy than BlackBerry.

I use Google Calendar with Pure Calendar Grid widget.

09-04-11 04:14 PM
    Google Sync. It's the only way I can sync calendar's with my wife's Android phone. Had it for months and never a problem until recently. How do I fix it?

I'm going Android as soon as my contract is up and never coming back to Blackberry. RIM is stuck in the dark ages.

The same thing happened on my droid incredible 2. For some reason google sync has a issues with contacts multiplying in your contacts. I haven't found a fix yet but I am sure it will appear.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    09-04-11 06:42 PM
    I only had the duplicate issues using Google Sync on BlackBerry. My contacts are fine on my Android.
    09-04-11 08:21 PM
    Is there a way to wipe the address book and then sync it again with Google?
    09-04-11 09:14 PM
    Ok, got the address book wiped, but the contacts come back a few seconds later? And Google Sync is completely broken for BB. It locks up the phone. Every sync attempt duplicates random entries. You cannot sync contacts without setting the BB to allow for duplicates (stupid!!!!). Can't wait to go Android and leave all this mess behind me.
    09-05-11 04:25 AM
    If you have the contacts already saved to your gmail account, you can stop using Google Sync on the BlackBerry.

Depending how long you have til you go Android. I just put up with it because I had only a month of duplicates.

Like I said, when you get the Android, you just sign in with our gmail and all your contacts populate, with no repeats.

Then you will also have the option of fixing, editing, adding, deleting contacts on the computer in gmail. It's really much easier to manage than BlackBerry contacts.

On my Tour, I also had my calendar items messed up, but when I went to Android they synced fine.
    09-05-11 06:14 AM
    Do you use Google Voice? All the Google apps work 10x better and are integrated nice into Android. Google apps on BlackBerry always kinda were buggy.
    09-05-11 06:15 AM
    No, I bought Vlingo for the BBerry. I think I might have found the problem. The BB was set to sort by last name, and Google set to sort by first name. I switched Google and synced a couple times and each time I had less duplicates. The last time there were no duplicates created, so.....
    09-05-11 06:19 AM
    That's good. I just found Google Apps on BlackBerry buggy. Like Google Voice.
    09-05-11 06:24 AM
    Going to miss a lot of my paid-for apps on the BB- BeWeather, Alert Matrix Pro, Vlingo, Navita Translator. I'm sure I'll find replacements on the Droid.
    09-05-11 06:26 AM
    You won't miss anything. Android Market has way more apps, quality apps. I thought BeWeather was the best.

Now I have Weatherbug Elite and have a live radar on my screen. It's awesome!

There's a replacement for every Blackberry app that usually more functional because you also can get a widget or shortcut along with the app icon.

There's Google Translator, Vlingo. Probably most apps that are available on BlackBerry are also in the Android Market. And then like 10 more to choose from.
    09-05-11 06:34 AM
    Is this the Vlingo you mean?

Also, I know on my Thunderbolt you have the option to speak instead of type integrated in every screen. I don't use it often but it can be handy.
    09-05-11 06:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD