I own a Blackberry Bold.....
    I had 2 personal email accounts linked to this phone and recently was asked by my employer to add a BES email account to it.
    I set it up and everything is working fine, however, a separate mail icon did not appear when the BES account was activated as when I activated the 2 personal accounts.

I know all the messages BIS (personal) and BES (work) go into the "messages" folder, however, all I did in the past was hide this messages folder and used the two mail icons that appeared for my two personal email accounts This way I could access each one on its own and keep all my messages separate.

I've looked around and asked various people and have been told by some that I can't have a separate icon for a BES account while others have advised me that it can be done.

Can anyone clarify this and if it can be done, tell me how!

Thanks
    10-16-09 01:22 AM
    You will need a third party application if you want the BES account separated.
    10-16-09 06:56 AM
    Here is the file you need. It will change a value on the BES server from a 0 to a 1 to allow you to get two different icons. This "patch" was downloaded from RIM. It's on their site if you look hard enough.
    10-16-09 07:04 AM
    If I work for a large corporate and do not control the BES server, I assume the application in the zip file above will not work for me?
    If that is the case, then what is my choice? What is the third party application mentioned above?
    11-13-09 04:45 PM
    If I work for a large corporate and do not control the BES server, I assume the application in the zip file above will not work for me?
    If that is the case, then what is my choice? What is the third party application mentioned above?
    I have the same issue. Was a resolution ever found? I do not have IT/Admin priveleges.
    03-29-10 04:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD