My question stems from the fact that adding and removing software form a Windows based PC seems to cause build-up in the system registry and can generally cause issues long-term if you add and remove software over and over.

How does that work on my BlackBerry? Can I add and remove as many programs as I like without risk of currupting the OS somehow?
    10-02-08 05:38 PM
    I've not read anything about adding and removing apps corrupting the OS. One effect I have noticed is the Content Store, which is the OS's scratch-pad storage area, seems to get larger and larger as you install and delete apps. Apparently not everything gets deleted. You can clear the database using Desktop Manager. It also gets reset when you install a new OS.
    10-02-08 09:23 PM
    A question I've been intending to ask for quite a while. I'm very protective of my PC, installing apps I'm evaluating on another bootable partition, or on another PC all together, before letting it near my "primary" partition. Without any similar option on my BB, I'm very hesitant to install anything that I haven't fully researched and identified a real need for.
    10-02-08 10:41 PM
    The one app that you absolutely must not install on your BlackBerry is Unite. It will put an IT Policy on your phone that is incredibly difficult to remove. It doesn't corrupt your OS, it's working as designed, it's just that it's designed to take over your device.
    10-02-08 10:45 PM
    Along with what Jeff is thinking, if you start having problems, you can always wipe and reinstall your OS.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-02-08 10:56 PM
    The one app that you absolutely must not install on your BlackBerry is Unite. It will put an IT Policy on your phone that is incredibly difficult to remove.
    Having been there all I can say is AMEN to that. But otherwise you shouldn't have many issues installing and removing apps. And as Jeff alluded to you can always clear the Content Store with DM.

So go ahead and getcho app on
    10-02-08 11:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD