I've had my 8130 for about a week now, and I was able to add my personal e-mail account on the first day, without incident. Since then, I've been attempting to add my work e-mail account, without success. My BB cannot configure the new account. Granted, it is a Lotus Notes account, and is protected by a pretty hefty corporate firewall. But I'm confident that there should be a way to add the account.

Any suggestions for adding the account? I'm sure there's an easy fix that I'm overlooking...
    03-19-08 09:35 AM
    No.

I tried this multiple times, there is no way. Your IT Department has to allow your account for Blackberry Access, and they most likely have BES anyway.

The only alternate is to have all of your email automatically forwared. If you go under "Create Rule", you can create a rule that all incoming email is copied and then forwarded to your Blackberry Email Address. Then, on your BIS Settings in Verizon, you can make the "Reply To" be your work email. Idealically, you're getting copies of emails which you respond to, which then get sent by your Blackberry but are then replied to at your work address.

If that made any sense you're a genious. Point is, set up automatic forwarding and "Reply To" under your BIS Settings. Sadly for me, my IT disabled the Forward feature. But it makes sense since all emails are highly confidential.
    03-19-08 09:42 AM
    I just tried it and it works perfectly. Thanks!
    03-19-08 09:54 AM
    Lucky. I wish my IT wasn't smart. Why can't i get some IT People who took courses in ID 10 T?
    03-19-08 05:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD