On the bold it has an option to add gps to the pictures I take (like where I am when I took the picture), Its called Geotagging. what does that do? How would it show up? I just don't see what it des.
    Sorry I didn't search, I'm at work right now.
    Thanks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by editionfws; 02-18-09 at 05:03 PM.
    02-18-09 04:57 PM
    Certain apps like Google Maps can use geotagged photos and display the images (or icon representations) where the pictures were taken.
    02-18-09 05:18 PM
    Is it possible to view all your geotagged photos on the same map, rather than one at a time?
    Cheers

02-18-09 05:32 PM
    To be honest, I've tried that darn "geotagging" feature and I can't get it to work. Anyone actually ever get it to work?
    02-18-09 06:43 PM
    To be honest, I've tried that darn "geotagging" feature and I can't get it to work. Anyone actually ever get it to work?
    This is how I got it to work...

Turn on GPS navigation. In the camera options, enable geotagging (a funny red icon should be in the lower right when you open the camera). Take a picture and save it. Open the picture folder and click on options and select "View on map". Go back to the map application and the picture should show up near where the picture was taken.

Hope this helps.
    02-18-09 07:17 PM
    This is how I got it to work...

Turn on GPS navigation. In the camera options, enable geotagging (a funny red icon should be in the lower right when you open the camera). Take a picture and save it. Open the picture folder and click on options and select "View on map". Go back to the map application and the picture should show up near where the picture was taken.

Hope this helps.
    Does this method require BB Maps or will it work with Google Maps?
    02-18-09 08:50 PM
    Does this method require BB Maps or will it work with Google Maps?
    Pretty sure you gotta have BB Maps.
    02-18-09 08:51 PM
    It has worked on Flickr for me, but nothing else yet.
    02-18-09 08:52 PM
    I tried it on BB Maps and on Google Maps. The only one that would work was BB Maps, but that was several Bold OSes back and at least one version back of GM. I haven't tried it lately. I'd like to know if anyone has been able to get Google Maps to work lately if at all.

Bryan
    02-18-09 10:05 PM
    I don't have BB Maps, only Google Maps, and it doesn't work. Although the red indicator shows up on the lower right when you take the photo, there is no option to View on Map when you select the photo in the Pictures folder after saving it. Other than not having BB Maps, the only other reason I can think of is that maybe I lost the GPS for a bit while taking the photo.
    02-19-09 08:12 AM
    Dont forget if you want to geotag your pics then wait for that icon to turn white rather than red...if its red it wont work.

And it only works in BBmaps at the moment. My sis in law sent me a pic she took with her iphone a month ago and i saw that it was geo tagged so opened it up...and it went straight to the location where she took it...even confirmed it with her via email.

I use it all the time, quite a cool feature.
    02-19-09 08:23 AM
    the picture quality is **** but this is another thread....
    02-19-09 08:46 AM
    the picture quality is **** but this is another thread....
    There is a reason that a good quality camera is bigger than your Bold.
    02-19-09 08:50 AM
    I've never used this feature and didn't even know about it. What a nifty feature! Thanks for sharing everyone. Time for me to go and check if it works for me

02-19-09 09:17 AM
    My red geo symbol never turns white. It seems to stay red. My gps is on as well but still no go

02-19-09 09:33 AM
    I've never used this feature and didn't even know about it. What a nifty feature! Thanks for sharing everyone. Time for me to go and check if it works for me

Careful about using this. Don't take a picture in your house then post it to your Facebook (or something similar).
    02-19-09 09:40 AM
    My red geo symbol never turns white. It seems to stay red. My gps is on as well but still no go

Mine does turn white, and after I save the picture and select it in the Pictures folder, I realize now I can see a little globe in the lower left of the screen indicating that it is geotagged. However, there is no View on Map option in the screen, so this is definitely tied into BB Maps. (Which AT&T, in its everlasting greed, was more than happy to strip out so they could attempt to sucker me into paying $10 a month for AT&T Navigator.)

Does anyone know how else I can get a geotagged photo to interact with a map, either on or off the Bold? (Note that I'm not willing to go through an upgrade of my OS just to get BB Maps.)
    02-19-09 10:29 AM
    I guess that's why I've never been able to get the geotagged picture to work... it's because I don't use BBMaps, just G-Maps. Oh well, I'll keep messing with it...
    02-19-09 11:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD