View Poll Results: Crackberry (the verb) dead or alive?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Crackberrying is still at its best.

17 100.00%
  • There is nothing such as Crackberry now

0 0%
    .....while the BlackBerry remained the boardroom
    favourite, critics say that RIM stopped innovating,
    sticking to its cluttered physical keyboard long
    after the arrival of Apple's touchscreen iPhone in
    2007. Unlike Google and Apple, it failed to licence
    its operating system to programmers � thus
    missing out on third-party apps which have
    driven the appeal of the iPhone and Android.
    BlackBerry outtages last year, delays in the arrival
    of the new model, and mediocre reviews for its
    PlayBook tablet have not helped.
    "Ultimately, RIM is taking half measures, baby-
    stepping their way to reorganisation and they're
    not moving fast enough," said Ed Snyder, an
    analyst with Charter Equity Research. "They need
    a wholesale change in the culture and
    management of the company."
    Otherwise, the BlackBerry � which once offered
    revolutionary mobile access to emails � could join
    the telex and the fax machine in the graveyard of
    gadgets.

Addictive no more... 'Crackberry' owner gives up the fight with Apple - Business News - Business - The IndependentEdit: I voted first. I chose the 1st option.
    Last edited by husainpatan; 04-01-12 at 06:46 AM.
    04-01-12 02:35 AM
    LOL....there was a fight? Over what? People vs. their own mind?
    04-01-12 03:54 AM
    LOL....there was a fight? Over what? People vs. their own mind?
    Even I too went lol. That's the reason I put up a poll to see whether this hoola printed has any truth.
    04-01-12 04:05 AM
    I will never understand why some members have such an incessant need to dig throughout the interwebz to find & re-post all these negative articles here on a BlackBerry enthusiast forum. 20 different sites may be saying the same exact things and these people are determined to find all 20 articles for them to post here....

All these articles saying the same exact things using the same exact data.
    What's new or informative about this that warrants another thread?
    It is getting sooooooo old.

Sometimes, I wish I could yell through my PC screen and tell them...
    Use an existing thread!!!!

There are plenty of like minded people that already re-posted nonsense like this.

I'm nobody. Just my opinion.
    Chrisy and pantlesspenguin like this.
    04-01-12 04:13 AM
    what!? hahaha.

Why isn't anyone saying Apple is slow to update their iOS to support twitter and facebook integration? With only the lastest os supporting both? Whereas RIM for example integrated it a long time ago? (taking a picture and directly sending it to twitter or facebook)

Just because touch screen is now the norm doesn't mean that everyone wants a full touch screen phone. Obviously there are people who still wants phones with keyboard. Just like how some people will still prefer a manual transmission over an automatic one.

RIM is slow to respond to the iPhone, its no secret. But i think RIM is moving along rather nicely, and i expect good things from BB10. There is still a huge market for smartphones as there is still a huge number of people still on feature phones. Its too early to comment on anything at this point. At least wait till BB10 is launched, and the percentage of smartphone users in the mobile market reaches 80%.

its just too premature to be saying this now. hahaha.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    04-01-12 04:36 AM
    I will never understand why some members have such an incessant need to dig throughout the interwebz to find & re-post all these negative articles here on a BlackBerry enthusiast forum. 20 different sites may be saying the same exact things and these people are determined to find all 20 articles for them to post here....

All these articles saying the same exact things using the same exact data.
    What's new or informative about this that warrants another thread?
    It is getting sooooooo old.

Sometimes, I wish I could yell through my PC screen and tell them...
    Use an existing thread!!!!

There are plenty of like minded people that already re-posted nonsense like this.

I'm nobody. Just my opinion.
    I respect ur opinion.
    But none of the threads I saw were user specific they were all like "yes, iphone is the way to go" "BB kicks them all on b*tt" "android has this, bb was like this, apple is gonna/is king"n etc....
    None of the people or thread were asking users what do they think about their berry now so hence I put up a poll and counter that news article.
    And thanx, ur vote counts.
    04-01-12 04:43 AM
    I like posts like this one because it will influence at least one person to jump ship. This allows the dead wood to go away and we are left with the original core of BlackBerry users. The benefit of this is that future BlackBerry products are actually BlackBerry products and not a hybrid AppleBerry where we have a good solid half of a device and the other half is a toy for Skype and Netflix.
    Chrisy likes this.
    04-01-12 04:51 AM
    I respect ur opinion.
    But none of the threads I saw were user specific they were all like "yes, iphone is the way to go" "BB kicks them all on b*tt" "android has this, bb was like this, apple is gonna/is king"n etc....
    None of the people or thread were asking users what do they think about their berry now so hence I put up a poll and counter that news article.
    And thanx, ur vote counts.
    Sorry, I don't think so....
    If you search the forums there are plenty of threads "asking users what do they think about their berry now". Also there are countless threads that people are freely providing answers to this question, even when not asked for it. Nothing new here.

Again, the reasoning appears to be thinly veiled IMO.

Enjoy your poll...
    04-01-12 04:54 AM
    Sorry, I don't think so....
    If you search the forums there are plenty of threads "asking users what do they think about their berry now". Also there are countless threads that people are freely providing answers to this question, even when not asked for it. Nothing new here.

Again, the reasoning appears to be thinly veiled IMO.

Enjoy your poll...
    Com'on. Evn if the reasoning is thinly veiled so what?
    What u suspect me of? Nuclear attack u all after this poll or brainwash people, haan.?
    This is a forum to express opinions and share thoughts.
    This aint United Nations.

Edit: please dont take it any further; I m in no mood to argue with anyone here. Cheers.
    04-01-12 05:04 AM
    Com'on. Evn if the reasoning is thinly veiled so what?
    What u suspect me of? Nuclear attack u all after this poll or brainwash people, haan.?
    This is a forum to express opinions and share thoughts.
    This aint United Nations.

Edit: please dont take it any further; I m in no mood to argue with anyone here. Cheers.
    Well if it's admittedly thinly veiled for nefarious reasons, it is against forum rules.
    Hopefully a MOD will rectify this.

I suspect you of what I stated. Digging up a negative post from some other site to bash RIM in the name of "wanting to know" something that can easily already be found here from a simple search. There are already existing blog posts by Kevin that cover this, multiple threads that explain why some are departing, and even more explaining why some are staying with the platform. Why didn't you just ask the question without posting some bashing blog post from another insignificant site on a pro BackBerry forum?

As far as expressing opinions and thoughts, didn't you already express yours???...
    That's the reason I put up a poll to see whether this hoola printed has any truth.
    Self explanatory...
    If it's all "Hoola", why bring it here in the first place except to bash?
    If it's "Hoola", why do you need confirmation of that fact?

I see no additional informative data coming from your post that we all don't already see daily.

Your post was inviting, and begging for opposition from BlackBerry enthusiasts. And, you know it.

Enjoy your poll.
    Chrisy likes this.
    04-01-12 05:24 AM
    Well if it's admittedly thinly veiled for nefarious reasons, it is against forum rules.
    Hopefully a MOD will rectify this.

I suspect you of what I stated. Digging up a negative post from some other site to bash RIM in the name of "wanting to know" something that can easily already be found here from a simple search. There are already existing blog posts by Kevin that cover this, multiple threads that explain why some are departing, and even more explaining why some are staying with the platform. Why didn't you just ask the question without posting some bashing blog post from another insignificant site on a pro BackBerry forum?

As far as expressing opinions and thoughts, didn't you already express yours???...

Self explanatory...
    If it's all "Hoola", why bring it here in the first place except to bash?
    If it's "Hoola", why do you need confirmation of that fact?

I see no additional informative data coming from your post that we all don't already see daily.

Your post was inviting, and begging for opposition from BlackBerry enthusiasts. And, you know it.

Enjoy your poll.
    See I said I didn't want to argue. But ur are stretching me, and I can only laugh at ur argument. Ha ha ha.
    See I don't have genius written besides my name here but I surely do have other works than posting here to bash RIM. Bash rim? Really? Who m I to bash? Why would I? I even can't think this big; bash a multinational and one of the top most IT firms! I don't even stand a chance.
    I was in no mood of digging graves/news article. This morning when I typed crackberry in google (I don't type urls in the address bar, google is quite convenient) to login the forum, the very first result below crackberry was this article. So hence I wasn't digging graves.
    Secondly, I just posted a part of this article which was explicitly regarding the users changing trend and their dumping of crackberry (the verb). I didn't make anyone read the whole ranting article, I left it on users to click if they wish. This extract was necessary for reference my poll with.

Please think beyond bashing, as if everyone here is a troll who writes Apple and BB in the same sentence.
    Hint: I am the first to vote. I chose the 1st option.

Lol. Lol. For this whole argument.
    Last edited by husainpatan; 04-01-12 at 06:02 AM.
    04-01-12 05:59 AM
    See I said I didn't want to argue. But ur are stretching me, and I can only laugh at ur argument. Ha ha ha.
    See I don't have genius written besides my name here but I surely do have other works than posting here to bash RIM. Bash rim? Really? Who m I to bash? Why would I? I even can't think this big; bash a multinational and one of the top most it firms! I don't even stand a chance.
    I was in no mood of digging graves/news article. This morning when I typed crackberry in google (I don't type urls in the address bar, google is quite convenient) to login the forum, the very first result below crackberry was this article. So hence I wasn't digging graves.
    Secondly, posted I just posted a part of this article which was explicitly regarding the users changing trend and their dumping of crackberry (the verb). I didn't make anyone read the whole ranting article, I left it on users to click if they wish. This extract was necessary for reference my poll with.

Please think beyond bashing, as if everyone here is a troll who writes Apple and BB in the same sentence everyone here is a troll.

Ummm. Yeah. Sure.
    You say all that to say what?
    It is what it is...

Enjoy your poll.
    04-01-12 06:04 AM
    I like BlackBerry. I use BlackBerry. That's why I'm on a BlackBerry enthusiasts site.

What's your reason?
    04-01-12 06:37 AM
    What's your reason?
    If u r asking me, answer is same as yours.
    04-01-12 06:45 AM
    I like BlackBerry. I use BlackBerry. That's why I'm on a BlackBerry enthusiasts site.

What's your reason?
    EXACTLY, couldn't have put into better words...thanks Chrisy
    04-01-12 06:47 AM
    See I don't have genius written besides my name here but I surely do have other works than posting here to bash RIM. Bash rim? Really? Who m I to bash? Why would I? I even can't think this big; bash a multinational and one of the top most IT firms! I don't even stand a chance.
    Secondly, I just posted a part of this article which was explicitly regarding the users changing trend and their dumping of crackberry (the verb). I didn't make anyone read the whole ranting article, I left it on users to click if they wish. This extract was necessary for reference my poll with.

Please think beyond bashing, as if everyone here is a troll who writes Apple and BB in the same sentence.

That's funny every time I have type crackberry into Google the first that always comes up is this site. These are what always follows.
    Last edited by kbz1960; 04-01-12 at 07:07 AM. Reason: Inadvertently hit post
    MADBRADNYC, Spencerdl and Chrisy like this.
    04-01-12 07:01 AM
    Let me google that for you

Yup, this site is first.
    kbz1960, Spencerdl and MADBRADNYC like this.
    04-01-12 07:08 AM
    That's funny every time I have type crackberry into Google the first that always comes up is this site.
    My friend I said "the very first result below crackberry". That means below the crackberry forum.
    Google is notorious for customizing user results. I did a search on my mobile>operamini 6.5>google.com>crackberry.
    Images attached.
    my goodness, is this how much explanation one has to go with when put a post.
    Last edited by husainpatan; 04-01-12 at 07:36 AM.
    04-01-12 07:09 AM
    My friend I said "the very first result below crackberry". That means below the crackberry forum.
    Read what my reason for edit.
    04-01-12 07:12 AM
    CrackBerry on Twitter is the second listing then.

Wanna keep going? Or wanna just leave us alone to enjoy our BlackBerry devices?
    04-01-12 07:13 AM
    This is cute though:

New Poll
    Who likes this better?

Crackberry | Define Crackberry at Dictionary.com

It's in the dictionary!
    kbz1960 likes this.
    04-01-12 07:15 AM
    Let me google that for you

Yup, this site is first.
    It's amazing how the article in question is nowhere to be seen in the results for "CrackBerry".
    Obvious selective negative blog digging for re-posting here?
    Last edited by MADBRADNYC; 04-01-12 at 07:22 AM.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    04-01-12 07:19 AM
    I really just wish the Apple news people would go away now. Let us talk BlackBerry devices again. Let us enjoy our BlackBerry devices without all the Apple talk. It's getting sickening.
    Spencerdl likes this.
    04-01-12 07:23 AM
    Google is notorious for customizing user results. I did a search on my mobile>operamini 6.5>google.com>crackberry.
    EXACTLY!!!!!!!
    Your notoriously late edit proves my point.
    Only someone who is forever searching for something negative will always receive negative results.

Positive BlackBerry enthusiasts don't seem to receives those results.
    Your search was tailored for YOU.
    Chrisy likes this.
    04-01-12 07:44 AM
    OK, let me rephrase this.

WE DONT CARE ABOUT BLACKBERRY DOOM AND GLOOM ARTICLES AND BLACKBERRY VERSUS APPLE ARTICLES.

Better? Leave us alone to enjoy our devices without having to dig through threads concerning your insecurities and fear about RIM going out of business and or Apple stuff.
    MADBRADNYC likes this.
    04-01-12 07:50 AM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD