I would like to have some contacts with a different ringtone BUT keep all the text messages and emails with their own ringtone.

Everytime I try to change the ringtone for a contact, the messages ringtone automatically changes to something else.

This never happened to my other Blackberry.

Has there been any update on this issue at all?

HELP!
    05-03-11 09:51 PM
    Are you using Profiles/Set Contact Alerts/Add Contact, scroll to Add Name press Menu and your address book should pop up. Add the contact then select Phone and pick a ringtone. Hope that helps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-03-11 10:41 PM
    Are you using Profiles/Set Contact Alerts/Add Contact, scroll to Add Name press Menu and your address book should pop up. Add the contact then select Phone and pick a ringtone. Hope that helps.

Yes I did do that but when I change a ringtone for someone.. There's also another option that lists messages and that I can change the ringtone for messages too. I don't click on that at all and just change the ringtone for the phone for that person. But even if I don't change the message ringtone for that person.. It automatically changes the ringtone to something else other than my default text messages.

My question is.. Is there another way around to being able to change the ringtone for someone but keep the messages at my default ringtone?

It's kind of confusing.. But hope you understand what I'm trying to say.
    05-04-11 10:36 PM
    Did you leave everything else set to "Active Profile?" If you do this it will leave all other settings in all other profiles the same in respect to each individual profile (originally set by you). Let me know how it goes.

05-04-11 11:53 PM
    beings tht i found this ? by some1 else,maybe i cn ask my ?,then u cn tell me wht direction 2 go in. ok,how do i get 2 the profiles tht i can customize?
    05-05-11 12:19 AM
    Look for an icon that looks like a speaker. In most themed it is somewhere on your Homescreen.

05-05-11 08:11 AM
    Yes everything else is set to Active Profile. Did I mention my old Blackberry Curve had no problem and I was able to change the ringtone for a contact and the message ringtone for them still was the same as the active profile.

When u go to change a ringtone on a contact. You have the option to change the ringtone for their phone # or messages. I only change the ringtone for the phone BUT once I hit save.. Whenever that person texts me, the ringtone for txt/emails aren't the same as the active profile ringtone.

Once I add a ringtone to a contact their message ringtone automatically changes too even if I don't change it.

And my question is... Is there a way around that? I've tried doing everything..

05-05-11 01:35 PM
    Sounds like a bug. Have you tried a battery pull after saving?

05-05-11 10:55 PM
    I agree that it sounds like a bug. The only workaround I can think of is to change the message alert to the same tone as the tone used on your active profile. It's a pain in the rear to be sure, but I think it should work.

I would try a battery pull and also, has this always been a problem, or did it just recently start? I'd check to make sure your OS is up to date.
    05-05-11 11:08 PM
    I just got this phone and it came like this. I don't have the most recent OS. I did update it but downgraded it back because I don't like the new os. So I'm with OS 5.0 I have a 9330 3G.

I have 2 separate tones for emails and sms texting but my phone only allows 1 ringtone for contact messages.

I will try a battery pull BUT I don't think that will work. I was thinking maybe OS 5.0 was made like this.

05-06-11 08:42 AM
    The battery pull did nothing. Don't know what else to do..

05-06-11 01:43 PM
    On Os 5 for 8330, the custom Message ringtone when changed only changes the email ringtone. It won't change text. It's probably just the Os!

05-06-11 02:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD