as a fan of Blackberry 9900 which I have, I have accustomed or adapt to the Blackberry Ecosystem

besides all that I'm still Blackberry loyalist LOL, but there's something that makes me want to shift to Android phones notably the HTC One, if Samsung pulls out the best for Galaxy Note 3 maybe I will be on the Android Ecosystem.

Adaptation, Since I'm still waiting for the right moment if I should go for the Q10 and stay to the new Blackberry OS10 ecosystem or shift to the android world.

I mean, It's our "senses" adopts to the ecosystem some will say "Oh blackberry doesn't have apps, I don't want to be a part of that" so what really excite your senses for Z10 and Q10? just a question? maybe that could change my mind hehe

About the NFC?

a good example is the NFC chip, what is wrong with Android and Blackberry? why put an NFC Chip if it is not widely used. another useless example of putting this on the phone, but what if Blackberry utilized the NFC chip and Maximized it more on mobile payments? that way People will adopt to the Ecosystem, Am I right?

my main important points in considering a Blackberry Q10
    • Physical QWERTY Keyboard, I still make mistake while typing on Glass (iPad user)
    • Battery Life, I'm constant on the move 12 hours without a Charger
    • Push email and Security

My hesitation to shift on Android
    • OS is Fragmented and Clunky, Updates are Pain
    • Malwares
    • Poor Battery Life

Things I'm considering on Android
    • Screen size
    • I'll stop hearing things like " Is that a Blackberry?"
    • Apps

So what's your opinion on why stay loyal or revert back from another OS to Blackberry?

if I win a Q10 contest my mind won't change lol

*edited* sorry this is my first new post on the forum
    Last edited by Marvin Tang; 05-28-13 at 12:14 PM.
    05-28-13 11:47 AM
    Bullet-points please
    05-28-13 11:51 AM
    Yup.....cant understand...

Posted via CB10
    05-28-13 12:09 PM
    Sorry, Just edited my post, it's my first time hehe
    05-28-13 12:10 PM
    Well, I am not sure why OS fragmentation is an issue for you. All apps will be compatible if you get something with ICS or later.

As for the battery life, some Android phones have much better battery life than Z10 or Q10 (SGS4, SGN2, LGOGPro, etc.)

As for security and malware, it's a non-issue if you don't install suspicious apps.

So it all boils down to QWERTY.
    05-28-13 12:15 PM
    Since I haven't experienced Android, my friend had a Galaxy SII, when updated to Jellybean apps seems to crash, battery drains faster than Gingerbread and you "pray" for updates everytime you buy a new Android phone, what I'm reading now is that Android is based on Java technology and eventually they will shift to the Chrominum OS

seems right that there's no perfect world or ecosystem in technology, I guess it all boils down to the Physical QWERTY
    05-28-13 12:25 PM
    Since I haven't experienced Android, my friend had a Galaxy SII, when updated to Jellybean apps seems to crash, battery drains faster than Gingerbread and you "pray" for updates everytime you buy a new Android phone, what I'm reading now is that Android is based on Java technology and eventually they will shift to the Chrominum OS

seems right that there's no perfect world or ecosystem in technology, I guess it all boils down to the Physical QWERTY
    I don't know. I installed JB on a much older and more crippled hardware (Slim Bean custom ROM) which actually made my phone fly and improved my battery life by about 50%.

In any case, if you are concerned about waiting for updates for your phone, just get the Stock Google GS4 or a Nexus.

That way, you won't have to "pray".

As for shifting to Chromium OS, if that's true, it will not be in the next couple years for sure.
    05-28-13 12:32 PM
    I guess the word " Transition" should be the case, maybe I'm scared of changes hehe it's like a new neighborhood with full of Android or iSheep
    bekkay likes this.
    05-28-13 12:33 PM
    I guess the word " Transition" should be the case, maybe I'm scared of changes hehe it's like a new neighborhood with full of Android or iSheep
    Well, you are right. You need to try the other platforms first. Just play with some of the demo phones in the store.

In any case, remember that there is a learning curve with any new OS and frustrations are to be expected along the way.

Maybe, in the end, you'll decide that Android and iOS are not for you. And you'll appreciate BB even more.
    05-28-13 12:35 PM
    Same goes with the Blackberry Z10, I tried it on the shop quite frankly I had to step up with the learning curve, the swipe gestures, but it's more fun and easy. now I understand why they're still selling dumbphones especially nokia hehehe
    05-28-13 12:39 PM
    Same goes with the Blackberry Z10, I tried it on the shop quite frankly I had to step up with the learning curve, the swipe gestures, but it's more fun and easy. now I understand why they're still selling dumbphones especially nokia hehehe
    The learning curve is worth the journey, and is not something to fear. There are a lot of great features on the Z10 (and Q10). You really just have to learn a few swipes and spend a few minutes figuring out where things are. No big deal and well worth it.
    05-28-13 01:02 PM
    some are scared because of homegrown apps they accustomed on. maybe it's a turning factor but duh? 88% or 95% of apps in google play and appstore are useless. it should be the best or useful app should be ported to Blackberry OS 10 I guess
    05-29-13 04:43 PM