I've successfully paired the Tour with my 08 TL and it has been working for several months now. Recently when I was about to make a call using the TL Handsfree Link, it won't allow me to make an outgoing call. It says that the "phone is in use" which I think says that the phone is already is in use and cannot be used to make any calls.

I tried deleting the device in the Tour and reseting everything including the phone, but the problem is still there.

I know the phone is the problem because I tried it on the Acura loaner I have now and it's doing the same thing. Right now I'm having the dealer replace the Bluetooth unit in my TL.

I know this is a pretty specialized incident but has anyone experienced this before in their Acura handsfree link?
    Last edited by Atomic_Katfish; 10-15-09 at 11:00 PM.
    10-15-09 10:56 PM
    I have a 08 TSX. I haven't had any problems with making calls, except with sounding too low on 4.7.1.40. I'm running .53 and I'm not having any problems.
    10-15-09 11:12 PM
    I have an 06 TL and it works fine. There is one issue. If you have your phone on standby and you answer the phone with the HFL, your phone will freeze up. You need to do a battery pull for it to work again. I have been unable to find any workaround for this problem.

jkk4
    10-16-09 05:18 AM
    I have an 06 TL and it works fine. There is one issue. If you have your phone on standby and you answer the phone with the HFL, your phone will freeze up. You need to do a battery pull for it to work again. I have been unable to find any workaround for this problem.

jkk4
    Would I lose all my data if I do a battery pull? I've tried deleting the device on the phone but still gives the problem.

What do you mean the placing the phone on standby.
    10-16-09 09:40 AM
    I have a 08 TSX. I haven't had any problems with making calls, except with sounding too low on 4.7.1.40. I'm running .53 and I'm not having any problems.
    I'm good with the voice quality. When you're talking about the .53 is that the OS version? How do you update it?
    10-16-09 09:42 AM
    I've successfully paired the Tour with my 08 TL and it has been working for several months now. Recently when I was about to make a call using the TL Handsfree Link, it won't allow me to make an outgoing call. It says that the "phone is in use" which I think says that the phone is already is in use and cannot be used to make any calls.

I tried deleting the device in the Tour and reseting everything including the phone, but the problem is still there.

I know the phone is the problem because I tried it on the Acura loaner I have now and it's doing the same thing. Right now I'm having the dealer replace the Bluetooth unit in my TL.

I know this is a pretty specialized incident but has anyone experienced this before in their Acura handsfree link?
    Yes, I am having the exact same problem. Worked fine for a few weeks and then always says phone is in use. Can't figure out what to do. I have an 08 TL also. Help.
    10-27-09 11:02 PM
    I'm having sort of the same issue my phone keeps trying to link up even though I have cleared my system and deleted off my phone....I have been looking for a solution.
    11-13-09 08:59 AM
    i work for acura and i can tell you that the hfl unit in the car is not the problem. Its the phone. i will see if i can dig up the site with ALL compatible phones for you. HandsFreeLink | Acura.com this will give you all compatible phones. If you came into my dealership I would be sending you back to the person that sold you the phone.
    This is an absurd statement. This is RIM's flagship BlackBerry in the US. Acura needs to work with RIM on a fix. I know Acura is new to the Bluetooth game and all, but BMW has been pumping out Bluetooth in cars since 2002, and constantly updates their systems to support new phones etc.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-19-09 09:40 PM
    Yes, I am having the exact same problem. Worked fine for a few weeks and then always says phone is in use. Can't figure out what to do. I have an 08 TL also. Help.
    Has anyone figured out how to solve this problem? I have a 2005 TL with the same problem. Phone has been paired successfully for over a year. Now HFL says it is "...in use" each time I attempt to dial out. I, too, have tried to delete the phone in HFL Setup. I add it back through the Setup process, but the problem does not go away. I'm thinking about pulling the battery lead in hopes of resetting the BT system, but then would lose the Navi and Radio codes (would need to find them in the house somewhere).

Any insights???
    11-21-09 12:04 PM
    Have you tried deleting the BT connection from the BlackBerry and then reconnecting it? BTW, what software version are you running on the Tour? My friend with the MDX is running 5.0.0.230
    11-21-09 07:05 PM
    Was working great with my BB Tour since the summer. All of a sudden when I try to dial out it says phone is in use. Also, when I press the button to hang up it does not and jams my system not allowing the radio to come back on. Does anyone know if a recent upgrade may be the cause?
    03-06-10 05:46 PM
    Hi I hope somebody can help me out. I have the BB Torch 9800. I have successfully paired the phone with my 2006 Acura MDX HFL System. It works fine if I dail out through the HFL system. When I try and dial using the BB it does not move the call to the HFL audio system. Is there a setting I need to change on the BB?

Thank you in advance.

Karim
    09-26-11 12:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD