Hi,
    I'm still very new to having the curve. One of the main reasons I got it was to surf the web and watch a security camera. Now I'm finding out that the program which I use is only compatible with Internet Explorer because thats the only browser that is compatible with ActiveX which is needed to run the camera in live mode.
    Is there anyway I can get to view this on my BB? Is the Blackberry Browser compatible with ActiveX?

thanks!
    06-24-08 11:59 AM
    Look at this from blackberry.com:

BlackBerry

go down to where it says: MSI version of the Active X control is available for download.
    06-24-08 12:27 PM
    HA if you look it says "Patches are not available for beta software" hehe they're watching us...
    06-24-08 01:13 PM
    Hi,
    I'm still very new to having the curve. One of the main reasons I got it was to surf the web and watch a security camera. Now I'm finding out that the program which I use is only compatible with Internet Explorer because thats the only browser that is compatible with ActiveX which is needed to run the camera in live mode.
    Is there anyway I can get to view this on my BB? Is the Blackberry Browser compatible with ActiveX?

thanks!
    Should your Active-X problem persist and you would like another software option
    that is free, feel free to check out my thread located here: http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/web...am-free-45726/

The webcam software does audio streaming in tandem and has options to capture the feed to a directory/hard disk.

And the best thing is... its free.

Dm
    06-24-08 01:42 PM
    flchick75,

When I follow that link I get redirected to a page that says 2007 calendar patch is not available for my device. I have the stock OS version 4.3.127 (203). Does this mean that I already have activeX support installed. I don't know if I have run into any sites requiring activeX yet but if I do it will be nice to know if I don't have to worry about it.
    06-25-08 01:37 AM
    Hi Dm - what I need to see is a security camera on a building which I have set up with a DVR box through my online modem. I normally view it through IE but I have been having problems with the BB. Would this software you are recommending work with this?

Look at this from blackberry.com:

BlackBerry

go down to where it says: MSI version of the Active X control is available for download.
    This I would download directly to my BB? (I'm new to all this)

thanks!
    06-25-08 08:02 AM
    Kit,
    Did you ever get this figured out for your BB? I really don't think they are talking about the same thing here? That activeX is for the calender! Your BB will need a different activeX (special) for your camera, if I am not correct. However, you really shouldn't need the activeX to view your camera, if you have a java enable browser, such as Operamini or Firefox (soon to arrive).

In order to view a IP security camera, if using IE (Internet Explorer) windows base browser, YES, you need it to download the activeX component, however using a java enable browser it should work, I have yet to get it to work, which is why I have not bought a BB as of yet.

Hopefully, someone will answer this for us??? ANYONE!

Chip127
    11-26-08 12:56 PM
    Hi,

thanks!
    ================================================== =======
    Kit, try either Mobiscope or LiveStream to see if either of these solutions will work, unless you have a Storm like I do. ) Waiting for a version for Mobiscope for the Storm. I might go ahead and try the LiveStream however.

Chip
    12-31-08 04:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD