I have a Curve 8530 on Sprint. The phone has been activated and such, but I cannot make phone calls nor send texts. I've spent literally over four hours working with Sprint on this...and still no luck. I've wiped the phone three times, pulled the battery, everything they suggested. When I attempt to update the profile an error message comes up saying " Cannot Connect to Mobile Provider. Please Contact Mobile Provider "...

Any suggestions? Please..
    07-03-10 12:42 AM
    Did you change the MSID and MDN (ibelieve thats one of them) after activating?
    Basically did they tell you how to program your phone?
    07-03-10 12:54 AM
    Unfortunately..yes. Sprint said that RIM was having an outage that begun at 4..but a rep I talked to said he had been activating Blackberrys all day.
    07-03-10 12:58 AM
    It is possible that it will get resolved (and please check back when it is).
    I have had issues where i couldnt update my profile (internet and bbm werent working either) But other then that phone and sms usually should work.
    Maybe try calling back and talking to a different representative. Many times that alone will solve the problem
    07-03-10 01:01 AM
    Yeah, I've seen others where they couldn't update their profile, but yet still make calls & such..but when I re-activate my Curve 8330 I can make calls and such on it.. Could it be a problem with my 8530?
    07-03-10 01:03 AM
    I dont think so. I myself use the 8530 and i activated another 2 of them this month.
    Absolutely no issues.

I believe this is a blackberry or sprint outage. Give it a few hours and then checkback.
    07-03-10 01:11 AM
    Alrighty, two more questions.

Under the CMDA Service Edit Menu..the (Dec) is different from what it is on the back cover under the battery.

And how long do these outages usually last? It's been going on since at least 4:30.
    07-03-10 01:14 AM
    WOW that right there may very well be your problem!
    which DEC did you give them? the one from under the battery or the one from the "in- phone" menu?

Outages dont happen very often and shouldnt last more then2-5 hours (times vary) but i believe we have just discovered your problem!
    07-03-10 01:19 AM
    Gave them the one from under the battery...on the sprint website the one I gave them is showing up. So why is it different on the phone?
    07-03-10 01:21 AM
    RIGHT THERE IS YOUR PROBLEM!!

Im going to guess that you did not get this phone directly from sprint.
    Im gana guess that this phone is a refurb. no matter where you bought it from and regardless if they claim its new!

Call sprint back and give them the esn info that is listed in your phone (options ---> status)

The problem is whoever refurbished your phone put on the wrong sticker containing the wrong ESN.

please let me know if any of this is correct
    07-03-10 01:27 AM
    All of it was right..but the (dec) under options--> status is the same exact one from under the battery cover. so that was correct. not sure what else I could do.
    07-03-10 01:34 AM
    i dont understand didnt you just write

"Under the CMDA Service Edit Menu..the (Dec) is different from what it is on the back cover under the battery."

Which means that they are different. Is the Dec under the battery and the Dec under options ---> status the same or different?

If they are different then you should give them the one that is in the phone (which you prob. gave them the one under the battery... which doesnt belong to the phone you are trying to activate)
    Which explains why your phone isnt working. BECAUSE you did not activate your phone becuase its the wrong DEC.
    07-03-10 01:38 AM
    Sorry for the confusion..the dec is different under the cdma edit menu, you know where you push pound pound,then numbers.

the dec is the same under the cover, as it is under options--> status
    07-03-10 01:41 AM
    Hmm I think i know what you are talking about. But again im not sure if this that is how it is supposed to be.
    I would check back with sprint, Because something clearly is not right here.
    I dont think you phone will start working because i believe something with your DEC is wrong. Again im no professional at this but from what i know- this doesnt make sense.

Call sprint and see what happens if they use the other DEC.
    07-03-10 01:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD