Hi I was wondering if anyone has had any problems with accuweather web signals. The few questions I have are 1. Do you get a home screen icon with temp and current weather (like cloudy,rain.sunny,etc) 2. Can you set it to refresh or push like every 30 min to a hour etc or is it only refreshed twice a day. 3. Can you completely remove it thru the settings and applications than remove? 4. Does the application slow your device down at all? I hope I didn't ask too much I also tried to search before I posted but all I get is a blank white page that freezes my curve, which stinks needless to say.
    Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-18-08 10:57 PM
    Hi I was wondering if anyone has had any problems with accuweather web signals. The few questions I have are 1. Do you get a home screen icon with temp and current weather (like cloudy,rain.sunny,etc) 2. Can you set it to refresh or push like every 30 min to a hour etc or is it only refreshed twice a day. 3. Can you completely remove it thru the settings and applications than remove? 4. Does the application slow your device down at all? I hope I didn't ask too much I also tried to search before I posted but all I get is a blank white page that freezes my curve, which stinks needless to say.
    Thanks

1. Yes you get an icon that shows high and low temps and weather
    2. It pushes the weather regularly but I don't know how often. Doesn't give you the option to change it.
    3. To remove it just cancel it. Since it's a push service it is not in your app list
    4. No, it doesn't slow down my device
    11-18-08 11:37 PM
    Thank you for the info

11-18-08 11:42 PM
    Where do you get this accuweather from? I did a google search and I saw on the accuweather site they do not have anything for blackberry, and then another result gave a link to a blackberry eula that had accuweather. But I did a search for my city and it wasn't found (not even a small city).

11-19-08 12:23 AM
    Where do you get this accuweather from? I did a google search and I saw on the accuweather site they do not have anything for blackberry, and then another result gave a link to a blackberry eula that had accuweather. But I did a search for my city and it wasn't found (not even a small city).

I had the same experience. I had to pick a city quite a distance away. I live in a city of about 100,000...
    11-27-08 06:14 PM
    I'd be interested in info on this app myself.
    11-27-08 06:20 PM
    Go here to learn about/subscribe accuweather push service -
    BlackBerry Push Services

11-27-08 06:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD