Ive made two accidental calls in the past week. I know there is that standby and lock button, but sometimes I forget.

Because I have a Blackberry Data Only plan, my carrier charges me 50 cents per minute. I fear that one of these days ill call someone and the call will go on and make me bankrupt.

I still appreciate the emergency phone abilities of my blackberry so i don't want to call Tmo and tell them to disable the phone.

Anyone know of a way to rewire the call button or make it harder for me to make accidental calls. Or disable calling alone and not data from within my Blackberry 8900.
    03-04-10 08:17 PM
    Get a Lock APP for your phone, they can be set to automatically lock your phone after an unused amount of time. So you can set it to something like 15 seconds to lock after the phone is not being used.
    PatternLock is one App that I use, theres alot more.

Just realized you have a Curve..PatternLock is for the Storm.
    03-04-10 08:41 PM
    Check App World or this site for phone lock apps that self lock, some are free.
    03-04-10 08:45 PM
    Also, always use a holster or a case with a magnet to have the device go into standby mode and to cover the keys from being pressed.
    03-05-10 05:52 AM
    I use a pouch for that reason.
    03-05-10 08:47 AM
    Go to options, password, and set a password along with a security timeout........
    03-05-10 09:50 AM
    Also, always use a holster or a case with a magnet to have the device go into standby mode and to cover the keys from being pressed.
    I use a pouch for that reason.
    +3 Holster protects your phone, saves your battery and makes it impossible to accidentally press any buttons.
    03-05-10 11:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD