Hi All,

Just joined this site!

I don't know if any one can help me? I have a new 8120 pearl on orange pay as you go. I know i can not use the email as I have not got a balckberry account through a contract. Thats fine for now but can i use the wifi only to look at web pages on pay as you go? I have linked my phone to my wireless.

Also Is there a pay as you go carrier that works for blackberry?>

Regards,
    06-16-08 05:37 AM
    Welcome to the addiction, not sue about pay as you go. Someone here can give you an answer.
    06-16-08 05:44 AM
    the blackberry uses some kind of a tunnel back to the blackberry servers, so it cannot see the username/password portal page that most pay-as-you-go wifi services use to allow access.
    it seems that wifi usage is still spotty without a data plan though, some apps just wont work.
    06-16-08 11:02 AM
    Is Orange AT&T? I have the regular contract service with pay-as-you-use internet. I called Cust Svc when I couldn't connect to anything, and found out BBs run on a different internet, and the ONLY way to get internet on the BB is the BB Data plan for $30/mo. At least through ATT, you cannot use pay-as-you-go internet because that service will not work for the BB. Hope that helps.
    06-25-08 09:15 AM
    Is Orange AT&T? I have the regular contract service with pay-as-you-use internet. I called Cust Svc when I couldn't connect to anything, and found out BBs run on a different internet, and the ONLY way to get internet on the BB is the BB Data plan for $30/mo. At least through ATT, you cannot use pay-as-you-go internet because that service will not work for the BB. Hope that helps.
    The OP is inquiring about a totally different thing. They are on a different carrier (Orange in UK) which is not ATT.

As for the OP's question : I assume you could use the WiFi on the phone without a full contract. As for questioning why you have a Pearl on a pay-as-you-go plan... I will leave that for some other time

And lilturtle... the reason you cannot get on the internet through the ATT pay-as-you-go plan is because you would need BIS (offered when you have a contract). Since ATT does not have a WiFi enabled Berry, you do not have the option to connect to WiFi

*EDIT* : And welcome both of you to CrackBerry
    06-25-08 09:30 AM
    You can use wifi on pay as you go on orange without a blackberry plan. However why don't you add the blackberry plan? It costs �5 a month and is taken off your top up credit! If you choose not to have it the next month just send a text saying stop and when you want to enable it again then you just ring! A blackberry really becomes a very expensive phone if you don't use it as its meant to be used!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-20-09 05:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD