I visit Canada once or twice a year for business and can usually rely on it as the BlackBerry enclave, where I see more BlackBerry devices and BlackBerry promotion than anywhere else in the world. I'm just finishing a week long trip and wow - the lack of BB devices, and absence of BB marketing was pretty shocking.

Over the past week I've been in Toronto, Montreal, Calgary and Edmonton and have seen ZERO BB10 devices in the wild, a handful of 9900s, and lots of Sammys and iPhones.

What's happened to you Canada?!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    03-15-14 11:53 AM
    I'm starting to see a few more bb10's here

From my Q10
    03-15-14 12:12 PM
    That's odd. I see BB10s everyday, even beginning to think sales are taking off..

Posted via CB10
    03-15-14 12:18 PM
    Like the rest of the planet, we aren't immune to herding or popularity contests. I dumped my iPhone for a Z10 then to the Z30, and I see plenty of BB10 phones around but no marketing.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-14 12:18 PM
    Patience my young padawan. In due time.
    03-15-14 12:27 PM
    I love seen a lot around, sure not as many as IOS or android but still a bunch. Maybe you haven't looked very well

Posted via CB10
    03-15-14 12:30 PM
    That's strange. I see lots of bb10s in Toronto

Posted via CB10
    03-15-14 02:05 PM
    I've seen a good amount around me never in the hands of younger people though. I know 3 people my age with BB10 phones

Posted via CB10
    03-15-14 02:16 PM
    That's odd. I am actually surprised to see the number of BB10 devices showing up. Still a ton of legacy devices in the corporate scene.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-14 02:21 PM
    When I look I see them. Even saw a z30!

Posted via CB10
    03-15-14 02:26 PM
    I have seen four in one year. 3 Q10's and 1 Z10. Z10's would be difficult to spot because they are usually in cases. Toronto is the only BlackBerry stronghold left but they are surrounded and the enemies are at the gate.
    03-15-14 02:29 PM
    they are around. Not sure where you looked but i look on transit every day and see lots of q10 people tapping away on their keyboard. Its not dying in canada dont worry. its still a big spot for blackberry if canada stops using blackberry then blackberry will in all essence die along with it. I dont think you have to worry about that though if they keep building some great devices like the z30 we will be just fine with our blackberries. Maybe those were just some odd days or something. Very strange you wouldnt see any. Even when im not looking for them i still see them .
    03-15-14 02:31 PM
    I see lots in Edmonton. All you have to do really is run into one of my relatives. LOL.

Posted via CB10
    Enzetsu likes this.
    03-15-14 03:41 PM
    Sigh. I was just in my local Rogers store. Not a BlackBerry to be seen on display and not even a poster.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-14 04:46 PM
    BlackBerry's are everywhere in Alberta cities.
    03-15-14 04:55 PM
    BlackBerry's are everywhere in Alberta cities.
    There are lots in saskatchewan as well, especially in rural parts
    03-15-14 05:03 PM
    Depends where you are within those cities..
    In Toronto you'll see BlackBerry galore at Bay & King (Financial District)

Posted via CB10
    03-15-14 05:10 PM
    You aren't going to see any until new devices are released. The BB10 devices on the market now are pretty much done at this point. Sales aren't just going to go up with these devices out of the blue. They flopped hard but maybe the new devices will spark change.
    03-15-14 05:15 PM
    I'm seeing many Q5. I think that Koodo $150 promo was a hit

Posted via CB10
    03-15-14 05:35 PM
    The herd mentality is alive and well.

I'm humming and hawing about selling my Q10 to pick up a Z30, so I went into a Rogers store today to look at one. They didn't have any models out, so I left and went to the Bell store in the next plaza over.

I walked in and saw the Z30 "dummy" and started to look. I was the only one in the store, so the guy asked me what I was looking for, so I said Z30.

Bell rep then asked "Why BlackBerry?". The tone was not a good one, so I just said "Same reason you guys wanted to keep Verizon out".

Bell rep "That wasn't us".

Me: "It was you guys, Rogers and Telus who were putting those ads on about Canadian jobs, communities and all that".

Bell: "It was all of us. Bell and Rogers are the same. Same phones, same plans, same prices".

At this point I decided that I had better things to do before stores closed, so I just looked at the Z30 model for another minute when he decided to tell me that "BlackBerry software is no good."

I said that I have a BB10 phone and quite like the software and all I can do with it quickly and efficiently. He goes on about sharing pictures in WhatsApp, so I just said I use BBM which is very quick and easy to use and that the sharing function in BB10 is quick and easy (I think it really is).

I can guarantee that with reps like that, there is no way someone walks into that store who is undecided about BB10 is going to walk out with a BlackBerry. The herd mentality rules the retailers right now, so BlackBerry has a massive problem when front line sales staff are actively bashing their product.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, BB needs to get demos in reps hands and provide them with some incentives to try and demo BB10 phones.
    03-15-14 08:13 PM
    The herd mentality is alive and well.

I'm humming and hawing about selling my Q10 to pick up a Z30, so I went into a Rogers store today to look at one. They didn't have any models out, so I left and went to the Bell store in the next plaza over.

I walked in and saw the Z30 "dummy" and started to look. I was the only one in the store, so the guy asked me what I was looking for, so I said Z30.

Bell rep then asked "Why BlackBerry?". The tone was not a good one, so I just said "Same reason you guys wanted to keep Verizon out".

Bell rep "That wasn't us".

Me: "It was you guys, Rogers and Telus who were putting those ads on about Canadian jobs, communities and all that".

Bell: "It was all of us. Bell and Rogers are the same. Same phones, same plans, same prices".

At this point I decided that I had better things to do before stores closed, so I just looked at the Z30 model for another minute when he decided to tell me that "BlackBerry software is no good."

I said that I have a BB10 phone and quite like the software and all I can do with it quickly and efficiently. He goes on about sharing pictures in WhatsApp, so I just said I use BBM which is very quick and easy to use and that the sharing function in BB10 is quick and easy (I think it really is).

I can guarantee that with reps like that, there is no way someone walks into that store who is undecided about BB10 is going to walk out with a BlackBerry. The herd mentality rules the retailers right now, so BlackBerry has a massive problem when front line sales staff are actively bashing their product.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, BB needs to get demos in reps hands and provide them with some incentives to try and demo BB10 phones.
    So unfortunate and so true. I can't count how many times I've been verbally taunted, badgered and judged for just saying I'm interested in a BlackBerry. I just don't get the whole bash BlackBerry thing, like a personal falling out. But everybody?? It's weird because after being away from BlackBerry in favour of an iPhone, coming back just feels right. Screw everybodies opinion! The Z30 rips and I can't wait to see what I can buy next!

Posted via CB10
    03-15-14 08:36 PM
    The Tsunami family + BlackBerry = BlackBerry Jam

I see lots in Edmonton. All you have to do really is run into one of my relatives. LOL.

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    03-15-14 08:44 PM
    I'm in Florida right now and I was surprised by the amount of BB's I have saw. 99% of the phones I have seen were IPhones, but seeing some BB and as many Samsung's.
    Also seeing alot of Ontario license plates so maybe all the BB owners are down here in Orlando......
    03-15-14 09:18 PM
    Actually I feel better with seeing less BlackBerry devices around, gives one the feel of exclusivity, I know it's not good for the company in terms of dollars and cents but I can live with being one of the few who owns one . I think this is where the CEO is going. He is focusing on being a niche player and that's fine with me so long as the company returns to profitability.

Posted via CB10
    techberry1105 likes this.
    03-15-14 09:24 PM
    Around my city, I know about 20 of my family members and friends who have a BB 10 phone.
    03-16-14 04:42 AM
57 123