Hi guys,

In a bit of a dilemma here. I want to buy the BB Classic.. I have an iPhone 5s and I desperately miss the feel of a keyboard, touchscreens are annoying. As a lot may have asked, I want to talk about apps..

What are the options that I have here? I would need snapchat, which I hear isn't available.. not that I use it too much, just like to see what's going on. Usual social media, news, tools.. I've heard you can sideload apps from Play Store, is that true?

my iPhone doesn't have a lot of apps but the essential ones are needed
    11-16-15 04:54 PM
    Tell us which apps exactly besides Snapchat.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-15 05:12 PM
    Glad to here you want to give BlackBerry a second chance. I'll recommend the Priv instead of the Classic. With the Priv you are getting a physical keyboard, you won't miss the apps, and you are still getting BlackBerry security.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by edu3110; 11-16-15 at 10:06 PM.
    anon(8908445) likes this.
    11-16-15 05:12 PM
    Glad to here you want to give BlackBerry a second change. I'll recommend the Priv instead of the Classic. With the Priv you are getting a physical keyboard, you won't miss the apps, and you are still getting BlackBerry security.

Posted via CB10
    I see you are making him feel at home "change"....hahaha

Posted via CB10
    Quorist and edu3110 like this.
    11-16-15 09:37 PM
    Take the jump but keep your iPhone in the drawer. That's my solution. I absolutely love my BlackBerry Classic, but I keep my old iPhone somewhere in the drawer specifically for games and traveling apps. It's probably the best of both worlds.

Posted via CB10
    Tony Edwards10 and syler3 like this.
    11-17-15 12:07 AM
    If Snapchat is an absolute must, I would use the Priv. There are ways of installing Google services onto a bb10 device so that it can run Snapchat, but it requires a bit of work. If you are willing to but in the work, the classic should suit you well

Blackberry Z10 was the beginning. The Z30 is my upgrade
    11-17-15 10:32 AM
    Sounds like the Priv would be ideal for your needs. It has the physical keyboard, BlackBerry's quality hardware build, and all of the apps in Google's ecosystem, including snapchat.
    11-17-15 12:59 PM
    Go with a Classic.. I have the Z10 and Q10. Q is my all time favorite BlackBerry outside the Bold 9900. But ill eventually get the Classic

 Pin: 2BD2A1FD| ‎  вιaсĸвεггч� Q❿/Z❿
    11-17-15 01:00 PM
    Hi guys, I'm the OP

I am using these apps: Whatsapp, instagram, facebook, snapchat, linked in, imgur, twitter, messenger, amazon, tinder(lol), speed test, youtube, shazam, reuters, wsj and other news outlets..

I had a lot of apps before, i updated it fresh and decided to see what apps i actually need and the ones that are useless so this is basically it, that's all the apps i use.
    11-17-15 03:59 PM
    I would love to do that.. However, I don't want to have two phones.. Will sell the iPhone and keep the bb. I know it's scary leaving an ecosystem since you're too used to it but I want to completely break free from the crutches of Apple's locked in ecosystem
    11-17-15 04:00 PM
    Haha, I am not a fan of big screens. Still stuck with the idea that a smartphone should only take up one hand when going to the loo. Lol. Also, I've tried android and I didn't like it that much. Too much freedom, but no consistency or finish that we get from BBOS and iOS. With Blackberry OS, there's still a bit of a freedom without compromising on usability.. Though the vienna may be on my list, only if there's an optical trackpad on it, which I doubt it
    11-17-15 04:03 PM
    Just go with a passport. You will get more power specs than a classic. It takes a bit to get used to the size but you will love it at the end. The keyboard is awesome too.

Posted via CB10
    southlander likes this.
    11-17-15 04:19 PM
    Hi guys, I'm the OP

I am using these apps: Whatsapp, instagram, facebook, snapchat, linked in, imgur, twitter, messenger, amazon, tinder(lol), speed test, youtube, shazam, reuters, wsj and other news outlets..
    (cut)
    From your list the only apps I do not have /use are:
    Snapchat,tinder and shazam.

As for the rest you can find native or Android versions that work with BlackBerry 10. For news I reccommend Feedminder, very fast and easy.
    Also came from an IPhone 5 and had replaced all the apps I used, sometimes with much better ones from BlackBerry world.

Cheers

Posted via CB10 from Passport
    11-17-15 04:29 PM
    Get the BB Passport SE . You will love it.

  
    11-18-15 12:30 AM
    From your list the only apps I do not have /use are:
    Snapchat,tinder and shazam.

As for the rest you can find native or Android versions that work with BlackBerry 10. For news I reccommend Feedminder, very fast and easy.
    Also came from an IPhone 5 and had replaced all the apps I used, sometimes with much better ones from BlackBerry world.

Cheers

Posted via CB10 from Passport
    Shazam works, I think tinder works but snapchat doesn't. Requires googleplay services even after patch. I'm using a third party client but the login method gets patched regular so you have to wait for the dev to update

Posted via CB10
    11-18-15 02:32 AM
    You will be relieved..its easier to do things..less stumbling and tripping over..no more power banks...less typos..you will start to forget to charge..no need case..get a passport SE if you like it..stand out from the slabphone people..

Posted via CB10
    11-18-15 06:51 AM
    SoundHound is an alternative to Shazam and it works very well. If you want a one handed device go with either a Q10 or a Classic.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-15 07:25 AM
    If you're a heavy twitter user know that there are no good twitter clients on bb10 with support for lists.

The FB app is broken. You will need the mobile browser.

Given your list of apps, stay iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-15 09:09 AM
    Keep your iPhone without mobile service for doing social apps on wifi. Between the PP and the Classic, I have to go with the latter. PP has better specs and the capacitive frets, but I find the key travel better on the Classic and I prefer having the full keyboard in the traditional configuration.
    11-18-15 12:01 PM
    To be honest, if you need apps I cannot recommend BB10 at this point. There is an Android runtime environment but it's buggy and annoying to keep your apps going. Plus, since with the Priv BlackBerry has an Android phone on the market now, don't expect further improvements there.

My opinion is. You can absolutely go with BB10 if you use it as it is, it's actually a great OS and good hardware. But as soon as you explicitly want Android apps, better get the Priv.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-15 01:38 PM
    Keep your iPhone without mobile service for doing social apps on wifi.
    I've found this works for me too. I keep my old 4s around for the things I can't do on my Z10 or Leap. It's a small hassle, but 90% of the stuff I do on my phones I can do better on the BlackBerry. Or to put it another way, sticking with an iDevice makes 90% of my activity more difficult. To me, it's worth the trade off, to lug two devices around.

Bonus: I get LTE on my Blackberries, so using it as a WiFi hot spot for my 4s (which only gets 4g) actually makes the 4s FASTER! But of course that's not an issue with the OP's 5s.
    11-18-15 08:47 PM
    To be honest, if you need apps I cannot recommend BB10 at this point. There is an Android runtime environment but it's buggy and annoying to keep your apps going. Plus, since with the Priv BlackBerry has an Android phone on the market now, don't expect further improvements there.

My opinion is. You can absolutely go with BB10 if you use it as it is, it's actually a great OS and good hardware. But as soon as you explicitly want Android apps, better get the Priv.

Posted via CB10
    I haven't had any problems with apps lately. I just bypass the Google play services and use it. Probably the only app to date that doesn't work is snapchat.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-15 09:01 PM
    Shazaam is available on bb10 no sideloading it's in amazon app store, you just search and download.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-15 12:17 AM
    If I were you I'd do exactly what someone else in this thread said and keep the iPhone and use it in conjunction with a classic if you really need anything that the iPhone can do for you!

Posted via CB10
    11-19-15 12:49 AM
    Just go with a passport. You will get more power specs than a classic. It takes a bit to get used to the size but you will love it at the end. The keyboard is awesome too.

Posted via CB10
    And the better specs helps to run Android apps if needed.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-19-15 01:08 AM
27 12