Well I guess that the title says it all! Since the announcement that HP would no longer be doing anything further with WebOS, Or maybe they will? So I've decided to go looking for a new platform that might be around for awhile. So what do you think, is BB a good way to go? Why or Why Not??
    09-04-11 04:44 AM
    Getting bb may not be best !!
    I would recommendd wp7 - Mango- already new phones by htc were anounced witth front facing camera
    And new phones would be aannounced soon, by samsung and nxtt month. By Nokia
    You would have variety of phones to choose from
    And Mango itseld, windows phone 7.5 is a fluid and nice OS, even better than iOS and andrioid...
    And as a webos uuser the multitasking of wp7. Mango is similar to WebOS - the cards multitasking,

I recommend a Mango phone for you

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    macbodock likes this.
    09-04-11 07:15 AM
    It all depends on what you need in a phone? Are you looking for a good email device? Or do you want a super fast top notch 4g phone? You need to list what you want before can really decide since there are so many to choose from.

macbodock likes this.
    09-04-11 09:22 AM
    Good news is when the qnx phones come out it will be a seamless switch for you.

macbodock likes this.
    09-04-11 09:36 AM
    Thanks to you all... I've completed my research and 3 different phones where in the running on VZW. Torch 9850, HTC Trophy Windows 7 and the HTC DROID INCREDIBLE 2. I did not like the look and feel of Trophy, then it was down to 2. Both the Incredible and the 9850 were a tie. It could have gone either way... I choose *Drum roll PLEASE!* the BlackBerry Torch 9850! It came down to the liquid graphics... The 9850 just looked better to me... I am enjoying learning about all the features... some things are very close to WebOS and others things are far away... Over all the BlackBerry Torch 9850 is just BRILLIANT!

Cheers!

Jerry
    therapyreject174 likes this.
    09-18-11 05:34 AM
    Thanks to you all... I've completed my research and 3 different phones where in the running on VZW. Torch 9850, HTC Trophy Windows 7 and the HTC DROID INCREDIBLE 2. I did not like the look and feel of Trophy, then it was down to 2. Both the Incredible and the 9850 were a tie. It could have gone either way... I choose *Drum roll PLEASE!* the BlackBerry Torch 9850! It came down to the liquid graphics... The 9850 just looked better to me... I am enjoying learning about all the features... some things are very close to WebOS and others things are far away... Over all the BlackBerry Torch 9850 is just BRILLIANT!

Cheers!

Jerry
    Whoooo! You have made us proud. :') Lol but even though this BBOS isn't all that great (in my point of view its amazing). But I can't wait for QNX.

09-18-11 03:47 PM
    Whoooo! You have made us proud. :') Lol but even though this BBOS isn't all that great (in my point of view its amazing). But I can't wait for QNX.

Sorry not sure what QNX is could you help a newbie out here and let me know what QNX is?

Thanks!
    09-18-11 03:55 PM
    Sorry not sure what QNX is could you help a newbie out here and let me know what QNX is?

Thanks!
    Yeah for sure. It's basically RIM's next generation of their mobile operating system. It's supposed to compete with Android and iOS. You can see a glimpse of what it will be like from PlayBook walkthroughs. Since PlayBooks run QNX.

Now they're still going to support BB7 so you have nothing to worry about. Especially since QNX hasn't even been out on a Blackberry phone yet. So it's still in its pre-infancy stages.

But they're going to show off these QNX development phones at DevCon which starts on October 18th. So I for one, can not wait.
    macbodock likes this.
    09-18-11 05:12 PM
    I think the phone will be kinda the same with QNX OS. If BB left the physical keyboard for all touch screen that would hury their sales.
    09-18-11 06:38 PM
    I think the phone will be kinda the same with QNX OS. If BB left the physical keyboard for all touch screen that would hury their sales.
    Same in what aspect? I hope it's the same in functionality. Cause lets face it, everyone else is playing catch up in that area. But just a breath of fresh air in terms of UI. That's what I want. Something different. But the core of it the same.

QNX is pretty much taking the good of BB and getting rid of the bad. Cause there are some things BB has to catch up with.
    09-19-11 12:39 AM
    ... I choose *Drum roll PLEASE!* the BlackBerry Torch 9850! It came down to the liquid graphics... The 9850 just looked better to me... I am enjoying learning about all the features... some things are very close to WebOS and others things are far away... Over all the BlackBerry Torch 9850 is just BRILLIANT!

Cheers!

Jerry
    Glad you found the best phone for you. OS7 is pretty slick.
    Liquid graphics are what sold me on the 9900.
    macbodock likes this.
    09-19-11 01:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD