Hello fellow Crackberry additcts!

I have an annoying problem and wanted to see if of any of you have seen it before and hopefully has a solution.

The Problem:
    I have an A2DP enabled stereo radio in my car that I have enabled my Blackberry 8900 (version 5.0.0.348, on TMO) to connect to. I also connect to my home wif when in the area. I have observed that it only happens when leaving a WIFI Converage area. When I leave my WIFI coverage area and am playing thru A2DP from my 8900, doesn't matter if I am using the media player, Podtrapper or anything streaming (Pandora, Slacker Radio), the A2DP connection and Bluetooth connection always drops. It re-establishes connection after about 5 seconds or so, but it always drops.

Now this wouldn't be so bad, but on my commute, during stop lights, the 8900 connects to personal wifi hotspots that have their default names like Linksys or netgear or whatever and after leaving it again drops. This happens about 3 to 4 times during my 12 min commute. Quite annoying.

I have noticed this on OS 4.6 and now on 5.0.

I know the obvious solutions like a) disable Wifi when in car, 2) delete all linksys/netgear wifi profiles, but these are not always acceptable.

Anyone seen this before?

- Rich
    01-10-10 11:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD